Salvage Operations OOC Thread

Tonks

First Post
My thoughts on swarms: While I know in the MM it says that swarms are immune to singular combat spells, I am house ruling here some. It doesn't make any sense to me that the orb wouldn't be able to effect a mass of the swarm. I am taking away the +50% bonus to damage though to balance the effect out.

I hope my bending of these rules do not offend anyone too greatly.

Tonks

First Post
Land Outcast said:
Er... am I right if I understand that that means we are impervious to swarm damage?

If you are inside a threatened square at the end of its turn, you take 1d6 pts of damage pretty much automatically. So the DR 1/ would save you from the minor damage and lessen the other effects. Its normal attack is still subject to AC and other factors.

At least, that is the way I am reading it.

Tonks

First Post
Put a simple map up, stole it from Mal, to help show how things look at the end/very beginning of Sp1/Rd1.

Please let me know if I grossly misplaced the chars and I will edit it from there.

Malvoisin

First Post
Tonks said:
Put a simple map up, stole it from Mal, to help show how things look at the end/very beginning of Sp1/Rd1.

Please let me know if I grossly misplaced the chars and I will edit it from there.

Thief!

j/k :D

Tonks

First Post
Malvoisin said:
Thief!

j/k :D

Mal: At least I cared enough to steal from the best...:)

All: Does the alchemist fire get thrown now, or does the suggestion of lighting the torches carry for most in round 1?

While I will allow it, I know not many people updated their sheets to actually "grab" any of them, but I will let this retcon go for the initial phase.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tonks said:
Mal: At least I cared enough to steal from the best...:)

All: Does the alchemist fire get thrown now, or does the suggestion of lighting the torches carry for most in round 1?

While I will allow it, I know not many people updated their sheets to actually "grab" any of them, but I will let this retcon go for the initial phase.
Alin didn't get any torches as he has an everburning torch. There is no IC reason he would get any, so it would be only OCC. If the alchemist's is going to burn down the boat, I have not problem OCC "getting" torches.

Tonks

First Post
While I have no problem with you throwing the fire, I just wanted to see which course you would prefer. There are many ways to scuttle a ship, Aubreck just picked fire for his method.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tonks said:
While I have no problem with you throwing the fire, I just wanted to see which course you would prefer. There are many ways to scuttle a ship, Aubreck just picked fire for his method.
I can take some torches then.

Remove ads