• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sandman (Netflix)

Ryujin

Legend
I caught a quick analysis of this, on Nerdist.com , and had to search for the original 2+ minute clip. the sets and props look amazing. I know that it's likely hype but when I see the original author getting excited, it makes me even more hopeful for the ultimate product.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I've been watching Gaiman defeat bad Sandman movie proposals since like 1995, and it's nice to see him excited about this take. I'm not familiar with most do the actors involved, but I tend to trust Gaiman's judgement on what works for the characters.

My worry is that this will be another two-season-and done affair, and the best parts of the story won't even get told.

A couple of interesting gender swaps in the casting, with a female Lucifer and female Constantine, which is cool, as there have been plenty of gender swaps in other movies and tv that have worked out really well.

I am sort of disappointed we won't get the cute goth-girl version of Death, but I think their choice will still work well.

That's not a "female John Constantine". She's canonical - in the Sandman Comics, Johanna Constantine is John Constantine's grandmother.

That is cool. I stopped reading the Sandman comics before she was introduced. But the average viewer, who only knows the old Constantine movie and TV series, will think it is a gender swap. I do not look forward to the stupid internet rage that always seems to happen.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That's not a "female John Constantine". She's canonical - in the Sandman Comics, Johanna Constantine is John Constantine's grandmother.
Okay I did not know that, dont really follow Sandman but I do like Gaimans books and trust he knows what his own vision is

personally I would love to see The Graveyard Book turned into a movie/series

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That is cool. I stopped reading the Sandman comics before she was introduced. But the average viewer, who only knows the old Constantine movie and TV series, will think it is a gender swap. I do not look forward to the stupid internet rage that always seems to happen.
Too late.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads