• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sandman (Netflix)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I do not look forward to the stupid internet rage that always seems to happen.
The number of people who have jumped on them for having...
... a "gender swapped" Constantine...
... a non-binary Desire...
... Death appearing of African heritage...

has been mind boggling, given that all three of these things are effectively already canon.

Sithlord

Adventurer
I've been watching Gaiman defeat bad Sandman movie proposals since like 1995, and it's nice to see him excited about this take. I'm not familiar with most do the actors involved, but I tend to trust Gaiman's judgement on what works for the characters.

My worry is that this will be another two-season-and done affair, and the best parts of the story won't even get told.
Yes. I canceled my Netflix. I’m done paying them for cancelled series without a proper ending.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
At this point I think that producers should just assume they aren't going to get more than 2 seasons, with Netflix, and plan around that.
If that's the case, they never should have bothered starting Sandman - unless miraculously each "season" is like 20 or 30 episodes.

Ryujin

Legend
If that's the case, they never should have bothered starting Sandman - unless miraculously each "season" is like 20 or 30 episodes.
I expect that this will be a tentpole production, with a much higher chance for renewal. They'll have to pay for the licensing somehow.

Ryujin

Legend
One season. They just cancelled Jupiter’s legacy after a cliffhanger ending.
"Jupiter's Legacy" didn't get the traction that they were hoping for, so it got axed. It wasn't a tentpole production. The good ones, with lower budgets, seem to get cut after two.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
"Jupiter's Legacy" didn't get the traction that they were hoping for, so it got axed. It wasn't a tentpole production. The good ones, with lower budgets, seem to get cut after two.
Jupiter’s Legacy was incredibly expensive. I’ve heard $200M. It needed to do phenomenally well to make that back; it didn’t.

Sithlord

Adventurer
Jupiter’s Legacy was incredibly expensive. I’ve heard $200M. It needed to do phenomenally well to make that back; it didn’t.
I agree. I’m just not paying anymore for shows that end on a cliffhanger. If they aren’t going to wrap it up then I’m done.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads