• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse: Old Friends

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Hmm, I don't really know what he likes, but I'm not sure that's really what's important to him tonight. His guests will expect the orchestra to play for the formal dances, and then the atmosphere will relax some as the evening progresses, and smaller ensembles will play - but they have all been asked to play music popular on Londinium and Sihnon. Mr. Balino will not want Liann Xin to appear to be a backwater.

"Mrs. Balino will simply want to enjoy herself." There is a beat before she adds, "But it is difficult to predict what will amuse her."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Castor makes a mental note to find out what that means some other time, but he also wonders how a few songs from McMenomy are going to make this place seem oh koo rawnt.

"Thank you so much for your time," he smiles, realizing she probably has other things to do. "Mahalo."

Off too his left from the direction he now faces, Castor has heard a swinging door that, when it opens, rolls out the sound of workers setting up tables and chairs. The door s relatively quiet, but the waves of noise that issue from the room, which seems to come from a few metres above him, suggest that is the location of the ballroom, up a short flight of stairs.

Castor turns away from the pool, where the occasional faint splash betokens something living inside it, and turns to Lucius.

"I'm probably expected in the ballroom up there," he makes a gesture. "I don't know if you have plans tonight, but if you are interested in the party, you can continue to help an old man find his way."

ethandrew

First Post
"You're not gonna let me live down that old man thing, are you?" Lucien smiles, "But like I also said, I followed a sign that lead me to you, and I'll follow it til it's good and dead or leads me off this rock. If'n that means I have to attend a formal dance, well, I might just stay tucked in a dark corner until you have need of me."

He looks around, giving a nod of courtesy to the girl that had answered the questions. "So, about that drink tab..." he let the unasked question trail off with a ting of excitement in his voice.

G

Guest 11456

Derek Wildstar

The man shakes his head and rubs his face with his hands as he looks at the two people addressing him. One looks familiar the other not so much. "Sorry for me rude behavior. Mind be elsewhere." He looks the familiar one over a bit. Then a gleam of recognition can be seen on his face. "Aaron Craig ain't it? Been a while. What brung ya ta this rock?" Then he nods to the other. "And nice ta be meetin ya ma'am." Then he points back at Second Life Ships and Scrap. "Ship's in der. Things were lookin up. But then 'Tian-Ling-Ling, Di-Ling-Ling'* I lost her. Been chasin after her ever since."

[sblock]Tian-Ling-Ling, Di-Ling-Ling - Abracadabra-alakazam[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"So, about that drink tab..." he let the unasked question trail off with a ting of excitement in his voice.

"I take it as our solemn duty to find out."

Castor heads towards the sound of the clinking glasses, next to the pond but before the raised access to the banquet hall. If anyone asks him, he'll take "something with gin in it" ("gin doesn't burn the larynx," he explains, failing his medical roll).

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“Tatjana,” the redhead says, nodding slightly, when she realizes that Cpt. Wildstar doesn't know her name.

“So you got your ship back then? How do you ‘lose’ a ship, anyways? These things are pretty... uhm... big. Was it stolen?”

G

Guest 11456

Derek Wildstar

Derek shakes his head. "Not lost like ya keys. Wuo* lost her in a game of chance. Wuo seem ta have trouble staying away from dem." He pauses for a bit. "Games of change." He looks back toward where he came. "She is in there. But I don't have the creds to get her." He pauses once more and then bows to Tatjana. "Please to forgive my rude behavior. Ni how, Tatjana shao jeh.*" He pauses one last time. "I need ta get some investors in three or she's lost. Dohn, dohn-ma?*"

[sblock]Wuo - I or me; Ni how - Greetings; Shao jeh - Miss, literally “little lady”; Dohn, dohn-ma - Understand[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Lucius orders the local favorite, and leads Castor to an open table. "I appreciate you letting me tag along with you," he pulls his scarf down again to take a drink, allowing his scar to be visible, but he makes sure he sits with that side of his face away from the majority of the room.

"What brought you to this rock anyway?" he asks curiously.

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“Well that sounds like a difficult situation for you. What kind of money are we talking about there?” Tatjana asks curiously.

Remove ads