Single-race fantasy adventure parties?

painandgreed

First Post
I was also playing the Witchfire Trilogy and everybody decided to make dwarves, or rather the first three people did and at that point momentum took over and we had the party of dwarves running around trying to solve mysteries.

Nyaricus

First Post
This came up befoe in another thread, and I had this part of it saved:

Greatwyrm said:
We had a 2e game with one "human" female wizard and seven dwarven characters. The weird thing was, we really didn't even plan it that way. The first 4 or 5 of us had our characters in mind and the others said, "heck, we've almost got seven dwarves as it is..." With the obvious paralells, we all came up with nicknames for the dwarves. Sneaky (rogue), Creepy (psionicist), Shooty (fighter specialized in crossbows), Smashy (cleric/fighter hammer wielder), Slashy (fighter specialized in axes), Noisy (bard), and Ma (cleric). All together, we had a great time in that game.

Xyanthon

First Post
I've had all elven and all dwarven parties before. Come to think of it, back in the 1e days we had a party of all gnomes at one point.

Thurbane

First Post
Sleepy the Fighter
Doc the Healer
Happy the Bard
Grumpy the Frenzied Berserker
Sneezy the Druid
Bashful the Rogue
Dopey the Sorcerer

:p

Yep. Played in several "all-human" games. ;)

I haven't played in any long-term campaigns that were all one non-human race. I have however DMed them. Since I typically run Arcana Evolved games, I have created an all-faen adventure (three actually; all getting many compliments from players), an all-verrik adventure, and an all-litorian adventure. The latter was I think my most successful in terms of an "all-non-human" theme. One particularly memorable session at Gen Con 2006 saw the players all roar together. (Litorians are great cats like lions.) That was very cool.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
This came up befoe in another thread, and I had this part of it saved:

I totally remember that.

Had an all Whisper Gnome party once. I had big plans for that [they were gonna work on trying to recapture their lost homeland], but it was Pbp and didn't last long. Crappy players...

Nyaricus

First Post
Thurbane said:
Sleepy the Fighter
Doc the Healer
Happy the Bard
Grumpy the Frenzied Berserker
Sneezy the Druid
Bashful the Rogue
Dopey the Sorcerer

:p
Why, why does that make me want to run a game with those characters. Oh damn, that would totally blow the socks off my players. :lol:

Dog Moon said:
I totally remember that.
Good times :D

cheers,
--N

Remove ads