Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

BigB

First Post
Looksprings snake disappears a bit and when it returns it has a lump in its body, a sign it was successful and seems a bit sluggish as if ready for sleep.

Rowan and Phoenix find a server to show them to the bath, other servers carry in buckets of hot water to add to the bath to warm it. Rowan and Phoenix observe the water is extremely hot, perhaps hot enough to burn flesh but the servants do not seem to notice at all.

[sblock=Rowan and Phoenix] Upon closer inspection the servants seem odd. They do not move with the same reactions as living beings[/sblock]

You are not disturbed through the night.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan feels 100% better in the morning. Clean and refreshed, mentally and emotionally, he is ready to contemplate their next move. He's not particularly bothered by the 'zombies' who serve them. They're better than hostile fish-men.

After his morning business is finished, he raps loudly on Lookspring's door. "Hey! You all right?" He must satisfy himself that Lookspring has survived the night. If he can, he'll ask the Katara to meet him and Phoenix downstairs for breakfast.

Softly, over breakfast, he asks. "OK. What's our next move?"

OOC: I'm going to have to review the thread again. Aren't we here to prevent further attacks to the island village? And track down the sailors who betreyed Lookspring & Phoenix?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring sleeps fitfully throughout the night. The bed feels strange compared to the hammocks aboard the ship, or the hard packed earth in the wilds. By the end of the night he has torn the blankets off the bed and made a nest for himself on the floor. Without the rising sun to rouse him he oversleeps until Rowan raps loudly at the door. He answers it cautiously with an ax in hand, but lowers the weapon when he sees who it is. After a few moments of personal grooming and morning routine, he heads downstairs with his serpent in tow. Once seated and with a meal ordered, he begins to conspire with the others. "I am not seeing snake men anywhere here that the islanders fear. Nor any other surfacers. Either should be standing out in a crowd. With there being many feet here, tracking is out of the question. We could be searching the city visually, but that will be taking much time. We must be buying, or better yet beating information out of someone. We must be finding someone that speaks the common tongue, then force them to help us."

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Aye, that's the gist of it. The scroll said that the weird dwarves were working for the yuan-ti. Two of the sailors made it through the portal node and either went to the city, or farther underground using that other trail. Unfortunately none of us speak the language around here to gather some info.
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
As you discuss your options one of the servers passing by stops and gestures to the room as if telling you there are some here you can ask.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan stands. "I'll check this out." he says. He waits for the server to lead him somewhere to point to someone. If so, he'll follow/ go.

Phoenix8008

First Post
If the server leads Rowan to someone within sight, then Phoenix will move over to there as well. If Rowan is led out of sight, then Phoenix will follow. Until then, she sits and watches.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring finishes his breakfast with a loud belch and begins picking at his teeth with a grubby fingernail. He watches Rowan wander the room, content with delegating him as their emissary until someone is located that understands him. When Rowan seems to have found someone Lookspring will hop down from his chair and approach.

BigB

First Post
With Lookspring and Phoenix watching, along with select individuals among the different groups present within the room, Rowan is lead to the great stone chair where the robed figure observes the guests in the inn.

[sblock=Rowan] The figures face is lost in the folds of its bizarre robe. An odor like thyme mixed with dirt intensifies as the figure raises an arm in greeting and speaks in a raspy voice. "Traveler from the sun-poisoned skin of the world, welcome. I am Es Sarch. I deal in information. Thus I know many truths, but not the one that brings you to this fallen city so far from your home."[/sblock]

Remove ads