• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Orsal, I just want to say you're doing great here. It's been a long time since I've been in a game with such a good pace. & when was the last time I saw a PC lose his weapon in a trip attempt? Never, I think. But good to remember. Exciting to see Rowan have to scramble for weapons. I think there is a battle axe from a fallen grimlock 5' to his NE (using standard map directions). Also, are there any walls visible to the PCs?

orsal

LEW Judge
The cave is four squares wide here, so there are walls on either side of the current battlefield. (It's roughhewn, not completely straight or constant width, but as far as occupiable space measured in 5' squares goes, that's about right.) If I've tracked movement correctly, I think the raging high-HP grimlock killed last round was in the square immediately to the right of where Rowan is now, so its battleaxe should be there too.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix- F Elan Soulknife 6 (AC 20, HP 67/67, PP 6/6)

Phoenix stands her ground for a moment, gathering her energies to recharge her psychic strike before slashing out at the gesturing grimlock. "Hold on everybody, we'll beat them yet!" Phoenix yells encouragingly to the others.

(IC is down currently, so rather than rolling myself and asking to be trusted I'll let Orsal roll her attack and damage manually if IC isn't up by the time he comes to check this. Her attack roll is +9 vs. AC and damage would be 1d8+4 with and extra 1d8 for her psychic strike ability which she recharged with her move action this turn before attacking.)

orsal

LEW Judge
Phoenix' attack: 19. Damage: 13. The grimlock is bleeding profusely, but not fallen.

The goblin with the morningstar takes a swing at Phoenix, but still can't quite get through. (Attack: 18)

Rowan's turn...

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan will swipe at the grimlock again with his dagger. He will then take a 5 foot step back. If he can then pick up a weapon (pr. the battle axe but maybe his flail) he will do so, if it doesn't incur him an AoO.

orsal

LEW Judge
Sorry about the delay.

Rowan's attack roll vs. gr6: 20. In his rage, even his smallest weapon is good for 7 HP damage. The ugly creature growls but continues to fight.

If Rowan takes a diagonal 5' step, he's unthreatened by any of the enemy creatures. That puts him 5' away from the grimlock's axe. I'm looking through the SRD to figure out whether you can pick up an item from an adjacent square, or just in your own square. Does anyone know? The square containing the axe is threatened by both of the conjured creatures.

The strange hideous conjured creature steps forward to lunge at Rowan with claws and teeth: attack rolls 8,19,18. Rowan takes 4 HP damage from the right claw and 1 HP damage from the bite, bringing him down to 40 HP.

The fiery dog, meanwhile, follows Lookspring and tries to bite him, but fails to catch him. (Attack roll: 14.)

The gesticulating grimlock steps back 5', pulls out a pinch of wool, and gesticulates some more. It has no effect noticeable to any of you.

Lookspring is next...
Initiatives:
Lookspring 20
gr6 14
gr7 14
Phoenix 8
gob3 8
Rowan 7
gr4 7
hideous 7
dog 7

Code:
    gr4
        gob3
    Ph

...15'...
        Row
gr6     hid

gr7  dog
             Look

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'm no rules lawyer. I'm leaving that up to you Orsal; I'm fine with it either way. I'll wait to post Rowan's next action, as it will depend upon enemy activity...

orsal

LEW Judge
Both Lookspring's arrows hit, and the grimlock falls lifeless.

The remaining axe-wielder chases Rowan and swings again,: attack 20, damage 4, Rowan at 36 HP.

Picking up an object from the floor is reaching down, not more than 5' for a human, so picking up from an adjacent square is comparable to reaching into a diagonally adjacent space. Which a creature with 5' reach can do. So, I'll say Rowan did pick up the battleaxe.

Phoenix' turn next...

Initiatives:
Phoenix 8
gob3 8
Rowan 7
gr4 7
hideous 7
dog 7
Lookspring 20
gr6 14
gr7 14

Code:
    gr4
        gob3
    Ph

gr6 Row
        hid

gr7  dog

Look

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I think this will be Rowan's 5th round of raging. He'll take a 5 foot diagonal step to get north of gr6 & south of Phoenix, and hack at the grimlock with the battle axe in both hands. AC 16 battle axe +10 1d8+7

Remove ads