• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smart's Shackled City

crickp

First Post
Rylic

"Yes, I see no use in wasting more time, the children need our help."

Rylic will write a hasty note to the priestess who told them her vision, informing her of their situation and advising her to keep this knowledge a secret as to not warn the kidnappers. He gives the note to Keygan and says:

"Here see to it that this note is given to Jenya, the priestess at the Church of St. Cuthbert. Tell no one else about us or Jzaridune. The lives of the children and your familiar depends on it. Before we go can you offer us any advice or knowledge about Jzaridune? Any maps or keys that we might find useful?"

Rylic will also load a bolt into his crossbow so that he may quickly smite any evil-doer that stands in the way of the might of St. Cuthbert.

Smart

First Post
Hey everybody. I know it's been awhile without an update. I figured that Phoenixphire and Haydee would make replies, but they haven't, so assuming everyone is still with us, I'll make an update in the next day or so with the heroes entering Jzaridune. See you then!

PhoenixPhire

First Post
Gilthanus nods to Tancred that he is ready to descend into the unknown, and waits for the stilted gnome to respond to Rylic's questions.

Smart

First Post
"Hmm... I may have something..." Keygan deftly undoes the straps on his stilts, then jogs up the stairs to the second story. You hear him rummaging around. He soon returns with a tattered piece of coarse leather. On the leather is written a strange map...

attachment.php

"Down the stairs here... oh..." He moves to the side of the staircase, and pushes on a series of stones and a door slowly opens. Stairs cascade down from the opening of the secret door, winding into the gloom below. "Is the entrance to Jzadirune. My people left in fear, when many died of The Vanishing. They just sort of.. faded away. I know the city's keys and Starbrow are down there somewhere, and that the gnomes left traps and such to guard their magical enclave, Jzadirune, until they could reclaim it. You'll see the stairs in the middle of the map, the U-shaped configuration. That's where you start. I've got nothing else to help you with right now that I can think of. Anything else you might need to help you on your way?" The gnome raises his eyebrows, waiting for your answer.

Please note the change in the spelling of Jzadirune. I mispelled it when I first typed it... ;)

Attachments

• JzadiruneMapplayermap.JPG
    JzadiruneMapplayermap.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

crickp

First Post
Rylic

Rylic takes the map and thanks the gnome for his assistance.

"Well friends it looks as if we are ready to enter Jzadirune, cursed as it may be."

Rylic will have his mace and shield ready since he is expecting (or at least hoping for) danger.

PhoenixPhire

First Post
Gilthanus reaches into a pouch at his belt and withdraws a small object, crushes it between his fingers, muttering a few strange words in the language of magic, and touches it to the top of his bow causing a bright light to emanate from the end of the bow. He then says to the group, "I am ready."

crickp

First Post
Rylic

Rylic begins to pace impatiently, then bangs his shield against the doorframe. "By the mace! I feel as if we have stood here for a week! We must enter Jzaridune or give up our quest."

Smart

First Post
The party nods to each other, then Keygan, and descends down the cobweb and dust shrouded staircase. The staircase descends 20 feet to a small landing, then bends to the right and plunges into the darkness. The heroes pause, contemplating the unknown dangers below.

The updates should come regularly now. I hereby award our first new action point of the game to Rylic for his last reply. If I had been drinking, that would have made me spit.

You're on your own now as far as skill use, and the usual dungeon-crawling stuff. Be wise and beware!

Remove ads