• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So what about those staves?

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Well, Mass spells only cure 1 creature/level. So their massive battlefield use is also limited. I remember there used to be a spell....Healing Circle? that cured everyone in a specific radius. Anyone know where that spell is from?
Third addition, I believe, so I don't think it applies to us (since we use 3.5). The mass cures have replaced it, I believe.

Xath

Moder-gator
Ok, I updated the staff again. I definitely think we should buy it from Big Blue. Better if one of his guys loses a level instead of one of ours.

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Then we can plan to pay much more than it's worth, I think...
He has a tendency to... wiggle his way into a higher price than necessary.

And, if we're negotiating with him to try to get it, I'd suspect it'll be a while before we can actually acquire it.

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
Ok, I updated the staff again. I definitely think we should buy it from Big Blue. Better if one of his guys loses a level instead of one of ours.
Do you mean through Caweys and thus from big blue or from big blue directly? We have been doing good going through Caweys, and I thought when we delt with him everything was still coming from another source/market. Reason we marked somethings as Caweys and others as our people. And by this I just mean Caweys gets money others take the xp penalty, and on other stuff it was our crafters.... but I could be wrong here :) I just keep track of everyone initiative :p

Laurel said:
Do you mean through Caweys and thus from big blue or from big blue directly? We have been doing good going through Caweys, and I thought when we delt with him everything was still coming from another source/market. Reason we marked somethings as Caweys and others as our people. And by this I just mean Caweys gets money others take the xp penalty, and on other stuff it was our crafters.... but I could be wrong here :) I just keep track of everyone initiative :p
I think Cawys is busy with the spy network - probably not making many magic items right now...

I would assume, if we want it, we'll have to talk directly to Big Blue... I could be very, very wrong though.

Xath

Moder-gator
Cawys isn't the Bluestar's only dealer, and I wouldn't arrange a meeting with BB over a simple thing as acquiring a magic item. There are other dealers. We should go through them.

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
Cawys isn't the Bluestar's only dealer, and I wouldn't arrange a meeting with BB over a simple thing as acquiring a magic item. There are other dealers. We should go through them.
Cool beans- Not dealing with him directly good in my book since he as the primary leader of his forces probably has better things to be doing- Paying a little more and not having use waste the xp good deal.

Remove ads