• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Something About Bullrush

kjenks

First Post
Goolpsy said:
The situation did have free squares around some of them...
F = free

_ X F
F D _
_ A _

And as A starts the whole attempt moving into D's space.. then D doesn't have a space to be in... (but i can do with the space close to argument)

I remember i've read somewhere that bullrushed into a wall.. would make D fall prone.. so i just asumes being bullrushed into X, could do some of the same.. while allowing X a reflex to avoid it.

But hey Thanks you guys cleared it out for me

Glad to help. Per your diagram, D would end up in any one of the three squares, F, F or A -- equal chance since they're all equidistant from D's starting square.

But getting bull rushed into a wall has the same effect -- D never falls prone as a result of a bull rush (unless A has the Shock Trooper feat or pushes D into a Grease spell or off a cliff or something). There's no Reflex save involved at all.

Feldspar

Explorer
kjenks said:
But getting bull rushed into a wall has the same effect -- D never falls prone as a result of a bull rush (unless A has the Shock Trooper feat or pushes D into a Grease spell or off a cliff or something). There's no Reflex save involved at all.

Didn't the 5 ft bull rush granted by the Improved Shield Bash feat in Defenders of the Faith have this rule about the person getting knocked down if there was no square to move into? I don't have my books handy, but I remember thinking how useful that could be for a dwarven defender "keeps the bad guys from slipping past to attack the spellcasters" type.

Remove ads