• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stalker0's New Skill Challenge System (Version 1.0)

CleverName

Explorer
Stalker0 said:
Its wonderful to hear your players had a good time using my system, that's the best kind of praise I could receive.

I hope they enjoy 1.6 as much as 1.0, actually, I hope moreso:)

Where is 1.6?

bardolph

First Post
First of all, thanks to Stalker0 for the great system.

One quick question: what would be the consequence of counting a critical success as a "double success" instead of banking a skillful recovery?

jeffhartsell

First Post
I like the concept of critical successes and the skillful recoveries. I agree there needs to be mechanics to keep the players involved. Have you thought about how to include the use of action points and/or healing surges into the system? Those are resources that the players control that renew and seem to lend themselves to encounters.

A suggestion for critical successes, instead of a natural 20 or +10, try +5 over the states DC. Another simple option is to allow skillful recovery as an option all the time but it adds another failure on a miss. Or a failed recovery imposes a -2 penalty on the next check.

Remove ads