• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek Races

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Wow

Just found this thread for the first time. WOW!
You've done a great job! I thought I was a Trekkie, but I've never even heard of alot of the races you've worked up. Where might I find pictures of some of them? or do you have some in a file?
Thanks again and Kudos for all of your hard work!
Sincere Regards,
Brutorz Bill

Baron Opal

First Post
Do you have a reference for Mr. Homm being an old one android or are you going by physiology? I can certainly see the resemblance between Ruk and Homm.

Hypothetical

First Post
Hey, this thread is awesome.

I do want to point out one minor error though.

In post # 31, under TOS era you make the statement that characters could be aboard a Constellation class Starship ...

The TOS era Heavy Cruisers are actually members of the Constitution class. The Constellation Class Light Cruiser did not enter service until roughly mid-way through the Movie era.

Note, the first example of a Constellation Class Light Cruiser ever seen is the U.S.S. Stargazer, in the TNG episode "Peak Performance".

This error has been made by many many people, many times, so don't feel bad about it...

Keep up the good work. :D

Last edited:

Hypothetical

First Post
For anyone wanting to run a d20 game in the Star Trek Universe..usuing these base races, I'm going to start posting in here some other things to help you. I've already started working on Spaceship Classes, starting with a basic set of rules for building starships, and going from there into actual classes. So far I'm only working on the Pre-Enterprise era, but over the course of the next several weeks I will progress through to the Voyager era.

The following is not about Spaceships per say, but about basic Space Travel in that time period. After all, that era was highly limited..and hence I came up with this set of rules....

Some notes on Space Travel in the Pre-Enterprise era.

Before the advent of the NX-01 Enterprise, and it's ability to break the Warp 4 barrier, Humanity was only able to reach two extra-solar systems. Vulcan, at 12 Lightyears distant, and Alpha-Centari, at 9 Light Years out.

Trade with Vulcan is limited primarily to vegtable foodstuffs, and, unsurprisingly, water.

Hauling Sweet Water to Vulcan is a very expensive prospect. Due to it's liquidity, and wieght, Cargo vessels need heavily reinforced decking to be able to carry large ammounts of water. However, Vulcans are willing to pay very high prices for Earth Water, as the mineral mix is slightly differant from water found on Vulcan, giving it a slightly unusal flavor.

Vulcans prize Romaine Lettuce, Roma tomatos, and Cucumbers. Of these they make a salad that would be easily recognizable on earth, although they eat this with no dressing of any kind.

Interestingly enough there are also several species of flower, most notably the Tulip, that Vulcans find emminently edible.

The Alpha-Cent worlds are a Traders paradise. Nearly everything grown or manufactured on earth can be sold there. Of particular interest are high grade steel, hardwood lumber, beef, lamb, and certain forms of hard liquor. There is also a growing interest in Rubys. In one of those unusual geological oddities that noone has been able to explain, Rubys cannot be found anywhere in the Alpha-Centauri system.

While diplomatic relations with Vulcan can best be discribed as "Cool" , relations with the Alpha-Cent worlds were, from the start, openly cordial.

Note. While Spaceborne weapons are tolerated inside the Vulcan system, because of thier known war-like disposistion, no Human setting foot on Vulcan is allowed to carry personal weapons of any sort.

Both Vulcan and the Alpha-Cent worlds are in contact with other Space faring Races, and so both can also be used to meet members of other alien races, and engage in trade. Vulcan has a 15% chance of having another races ship in orbit for each day a Trader is there, while the Alpha-Cent worlds have a 25% chance during the same period.

An available Race chart will be added later.

Last edited:

Hypothetical

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
Glad you like them. :D

So, any thoughts on some of the entries that need completion?

What do you think about my explaination of Odan?

RC

Since you are obviously great at doing races, could you do a work-up on the Xytherians?

I know, they are only in one Episode of TNG " The Nth Degree", but using the "Restless Soul" or "Born Explorer" idea there could theoretically be one or more of them roaming the Federation....

Remove ads