Star Trek Races

Aries_Omega

Explorer
Race Questions

I know that the two are NOT the same race, but at the risk of sounding like an idiot are Denobulans and Cardassians related. I mean I am not a huge fan...I like Enterprise the best of the series...they dummied down Star Trek for us non-Trekkies...but I noticed that the two look similar. Is there a relation between the two?

Hypothetical

First Post
OK, I'm going to post several posts in a row, dealing strictly with Spaceship Construction. ( Internal Fittings and such will come later, these are the simple basics I have come up with so far....)

Hull Sizes:

Size Class 1 : 25 to 40 Meters.
This hull size is generally used only for intrasystem flight. Due to it's small size it is generally only capable of mounting Size 1 Warp Nacelles, and is therefore limited to speeds of Warp 1. This class is limited to carrying Projectile weapons of Medium size or less. Maximum of 2 weapons hard points. Hulls of this class mounting larger Warp Nacelles are generally reserved for Courier Duty, although some models have been purchased and outfitted as fast passenger ships.

Standard outfitting:
The smaller sized Class 1 Hulls are generally fitted out as small passenger vessels, carrying between 15 and 30 passengers, and a crew of 4. Except in a few cases, they are usually limited to 2 decks, and a command module.

In several instances Weathly humans have outfitted the smaller Class 1 Hulls as personal yachts.

The larger range of Class one hulls are generally used as small Cargo vessels, with a payload of 150 Cubic Meters, and a crew of 6. In general they are limited to 4 decks and a command module.

It is not unknown for the Largest vessels in this Class to be outfitted as small slow passenger ships, usually of the luxery variety, carrying only 25 to 35 passengers, but with a crew of 10, and several small luxery services, such as Zero-Gee swimming pools, massage parlors, and in rare instances even small arboretums. In these models a second command module is usually installed at the rear of the vessel, and modified to serve as an engineering section, to allow passengers more room.

Hull points : 40 to 60.

Size Class 2 : 45 to 60 meters.
This hull size is most often used for intrasytem flight, however the largest models are capable of mounting Size 3 Warp Nacelles, and are therefore capable of Warp 2. These larger models were used extensively early on for extra-systemic travel, most often as independant Traders.

Standard outfitting:
Nearly every ship of this class comes fitted for cargo carrying, though they can be special ordered as passenger ships.

This is the smallest class of sapceship capable of mounting laser weapons. They are limited to the Marks 13 laser cannon, or any class of projectile weapon. with a maximum of 3 weapon hardpoints.

Note : The 60 meter "DY-300" class heavy haulers were the first independant trader ship class to be known as "Boomers". This was because of thier cylindrical resemblance to old earth Atomic Missile Submarines.

This size class ship usually has between 4 and 6 decks, and 2 command modules, one for flight, one for engineering. The Standard payload ranges from 200 to 400 Cubic meters, or from 50 to 100 passengers. Standard crew is between 12 and 18. Minimum working crew is 8.

Hull points : 75 to 100.

Size Class 3: 70 to 100 meters.
In the Pre-Enterprise era, this was the largest class spaceship hull available. Nearly all vessels of this Size Class were designed and outfitting for Extra-solar flight, and fitted with Class 3 Warp Nacelles.

Weapons limited only by energy usage. See below. Maximum of 5 Hardpoints.

This Size Class hull are extremely rare. There are only 1 Class 3 Hull in service for every 50 Class 1s.

Standard outfitting.
There is no standard outfitting for this class hull, as each one is custom made to order at the Mars Shipyards. General time to build is 5 to 10 months.

This size class generally ranges from 6 to 8 decks, with 2 command modules. Standard payload ranges from 500 to 800 Cubic meters, or 100 to 250 passengers. Crews often range for 20 to 45 members.

It is interesting to note that the first Size 3 Hull to be produced was "Sol-1", the ambassadorial spaceship from earth. This was the first Earth Spaceship to travel to the Alpha-Cent Worlds.

Last edited:

Hypothetical

First Post
Internally Metered Pulse Drives.

The I.M. Pulse Drive ( generally referred to as Impulse Drives) are the standard sub-light engine of the Star Trek Universe. Due to constraints of Time-dialation outside of a Warp Bubble, I.M. Pulse Drives are limited to a maximun speed of .25C, except under extreme circumstances. ( Read as 8 Hexes per turn.) As would be expected, acceleration factors vary not only with the size of the drive, but with the size of Hull it is attached to.

Basic turn rate is once hex side per hex moved . The size adjustment on the below chart shows how this rate is effected by various size engines.

SC Drive SC Hull Acceleration. Adjustments. Power Generated
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1 1 4 Hexes/Turn none. 15 Power
1 2 3 Hexes/turn Reduces Turn rate by 1. No energy weapons allowed.
2 1 5 hexes/turn Increases Turn Rate by 1. 25 Power
2 2 4 hexes/turn none
2 3 3 hexes/turn Reduces Turn Rate by 1. Only 1 Laser weapon allowed.
3 1 6 hexes/Turn None due to increased hull stress. 35 Power
3 2 5 hexes/Turn Increases Turn Rate by 1
3 3 4 hexes/turn None. Only 3 laser weapons allowed.
4 3 5 hexes/Turn Increases Turn Rate by 1. No weapons restrictions. 45 Power

Note: Class 3 hulls with Class 4 I.M. Drives, and Class on1 Hulls with Class 3 I.M. Drives have the capability to override the .25C restriction. Doing so, they double thier Acceleration rate, and can obtain a maximum speed of 16 hexes per turn. However, thier turn rate drops to one hex face per turn. Above a speed of 12 hexes per turn they begin to experiance time-dialation effects that give them a -2 on all To Hit Rolls, but also give them a +4 against all projectile weapon attacks, and a +2 against all laser weapon attacks.

However, every time this ability is used, the Earth Security Council automatically reviews the log tapes and sensor data of any vessel doing so, and if the situation is judged not to have been an emergency, the Ships Captain is charged in a court of Law, and faces penelties ranging from a 50,000 Credit Fine, to loss of his liscence and confiscation of his ship.

Hypothetical

First Post
The Cochrane Drive.

In the time of Pre-Enterprise, there are three sizes of Warp Drive.

Each size is matched to each Hull Size Class. During this era, warp engineering was in it's infancy, and working out how to match larger engines to smaller hulls was unknown.

Class 1.

Capable of Warp 1, or 1 times the speed of light. Power: 20

Class two.

Capable of Warp 1.5, or 3.375 times the speed of light. Power : 40

Class 3.

Capable of Warp 2, or 6 times the speed of Light. Power : 60

Hypothetical

First Post
Grrrr, the nice little chart I spent nearly 20 minutes on showing the I.M. Pulse Drives effects, got murdered by the Forum editor.....In my .DOC it is all lined up nicely.....

Unless I get resounding "Stop That" posts, you can look forward to 2-4 posts a week from this point on, detailing Spaceship Construction. The next set I'm planning on working on will be weapons, followed by internal fittings ( I.E. Berths, Compter Consoles, etc etc.)

beverson

First Post
Hypothetical said:
Unless I get resounding "Stop That" posts, you can look forward to 2-4 posts a week from this point on, detailing Spaceship Construction. The next set I'm planning on working on will be weapons, followed by internal fittings ( I.E. Berths, Compter Consoles, etc etc.)

This would probably be better off in it's own thread, rather than one titled "Star Trek Races"... just a suggestion.

Remove ads