Star Trek Races

The_Warlock

Explorer
Just wanted to say, just found this thread, and while I won't be playing in a D20-ized Star Trek run, some of my friends are planning one in a different system, and this has been both an entertaining and educational read.

Well done!

The_Warlock

Explorer
Raven Crowking said:
Thank you.

If your friends use nothing else, suggest the multiple PCs per player. That way your "series" can include everyone in both on-ship scenes and away missions at the same time. It also really helps to fill out a crew.

RC

It's actually something they don't normally do, sticking to a tight command crew normally, but I was going to suggest it.

Anyway, thanks again for the Star Trek info...

chrisrzz1012

First Post
get thread RC

Thank you RC on a great thread. This will make it easier for me to a Star Trek D20 game using D20 modern/future rules. Can you email me a PDF file on this to my email?

TheGeek

First Post
Soonian Android
<snip>
Any input into completing this entry would be keen. :)

I just finished a writeup of the Soong-type Androids... Tell me what you think!

[sblock=Soong-type Androids]Creating a Soong-Type Android
"Soong-Type Android" is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

A Soong-Type Android uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to construct. Size is unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.

Hit Dice
Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d10s.

Armor Class
Natural armor improves by +6.

Attack
A Soong-Type Android retains all the attacks of the base creature and also gains a slam attack if it didn’t already have one. A creature with natural weapons retains those natural weapons. A Soong-Type Android fighting without weapons uses either its slam attack or its primary natural weapon (if it has any). A Soong-Type Android armed with a weapon uses its slam or a weapon, as it desires.

Full Attack
A Soong-Type Android fighting without weapons uses either its slam attack (see above) or its natural weapons (if it has any). If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack along with a slam or other natural weapon as a natural secondary attack.

Damage
Soong-Type Androids have slam attacks. If the base creature does not have this attack form, use the appropriate damage value from the table below according to the Soong-Type Android’s size. Creatures that have other kinds of natural weapons retain their old damage values or use the appropriate value from the table below, whichever is better.

Size Damage
Fine 1
Diminutive 1d2
Tiny 1d3
Small 1d4
Medium 1d6
Large 1d8
Huge 2d6
Gargantuan 2d8
Colossal 4d6

Special Qualities
A Soong-Type Android has all the special qualities of the base creature, plus darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision. A Soong-Type Android gains all the immunities of the construct type.

Damage Reduction (Su)
A Soong-Type Android has damage reduction 5/adamantine

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +10, Dex +8, Con -, Int +8, wis +4, Cha -4.

Skills
A Soong-Type Android can always take 10 on purely mental skill checks, and is always considered to have materials on-hand to take 20. Otherwise same as base creature

Feats
Soong-Type Androids gain Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative and Lightning Reflexes, assuming the base creature meets the prerequesites and doesn't already have these feats.

Challenge Rating
Same as the base creature + 2.

Alignment
Any

Level Adjustment
Same as base creature +2[/sblock]

Late to the Party but you mentioned Gorn as not being a Federation race, and while that is true for TOS, TAS, & TNG, wasn't there a mention ion the TNG movie series that the Gorn Federation were now a non-voting member of the Federation and a protectorate due to a war with the Tholian Alliance? Or am I mish-mashing my sources again?

I've watched and read WAY too much Star Trek stories over the years and it's all becoming a blur...

Late to the Party but you mentioned Gorn as not being a Federation race, and while that is true for TOS, TAS, & TNG, wasn't there a mention ion the TNG movie series that the Gorn Federation were now a non-voting member of the Federation and a protectorate due to a war with the Tholian Alliance? Or am I mish-mashing my sources again?

I've watched and read WAY too much Star Trek stories over the years and it's all becoming a blur...

I'm pretty sure that's not from any canonical source.

The only canonical mention of the Gorn after TOS "Arena":

A passing mention of Gorn pirates in the ENT episode "Bound"

A Gorn slavemaster working for the Tholians in the Mirror-universe episode ENT "In A Mirror, Darkly, Part II"

The DS9 episodes "Family Business" and "Way of the Warrior" mentioned in passing that the conflict with the Gorn was over and Cestus III was Federation territory now. That may be what you are thinking, but Cestus III was never the Gorn homeworld, just a colony world claimed by the Gorn and the USP.

An appearance in a non-canon animated episode "The Time Trap".

Apparently a Gorn was made for the 2009 Star Trek movie for the Rura Penthe scene that was cut from the final version.

Gorn - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki Memory Alpha is your friend for things like this.

Remove ads