Star Wars and its faithful

Torm

Explorer
Darth K'Trava said:
Ok, I know you were weird before, but you're totally SICK now, Torm!!! :confused:
I'm not being sick, and I'm not kidding. Seriously - imagine the scene in your mind and add that to it. It completely changes the context of the visit to the Gungan undersea city. It gives just the little touch of rogue and pulls out just enough idiot to make Jar Jar a viable character again - takes him from being just plain trouble to being a little bit of a troublemaker. ;)

Torm said:
I'm not being sick, and I'm not kidding. Seriously - imagine the scene in your mind and add that to it. It completely changes the context of the visit to the Gungan undersea city. It gives just the little touch of rogue and pulls out just enough idiot to make Jar Jar a viable character again - takes him from being just plain trouble to being a little bit of a troublemaker. ;)
You sir, are an evil mastermind.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Torm

Explorer
Canis said:
You sir, are an evil mastermind.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
19.gif

Thank you, thank you very much. I'll let you know when we have them ready to mail. ;)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Torm said:

You've got alotta work cut out for ya! You weren't down in Greenville, SC at a tiny con watching people try to burn a Jar Jar soap dispenser. This was after a "burn or not to burn" war at the charity auction for said item. :\

Maybe we're just glad by the last 3 movies that someone reprogrammed Threepio from a slapstick comedy act into "Mr. Prissy". ;)

Wayside

Explorer
myrdden said:
You haven't seen the Special Editions or the DVD versions of the movies have you? ;)
Wayside said:
(of course some minor changes were made with the special editions; people who let that adversely affect their experience of the movies are being silly).
Like I said before, textual criticism is a standard form of criticism, not only with older, classical texts, but with recent stuff. It always will be. Variant readings are common: they were common with, say, the materials Tolkien worked with, and now they are common with Star Wars (and the LotR movies with their several editions, for that matter).

ssampier

First Post
I've always thought Star Wars to be the quinessential Western movie or "Cowboys in Space." The pulp stylings of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon may work, too, but I don't think Star Wars is quite as campy but definately popcorn friendly.

CarlZog said:
But please stop treating it like biblical scripture. There is no "canon." It's just a simple movie that ended up way more successful than even its creator ever imagined...
Carl

Isn't that all movies are? You create a movie with a limited budget, you love your work and you do the best to make the best movie you possibly can, but you never really know successful it might be.

BTW, all five movies have lots of space canons. They just have a nasty habit of getting destroyed ;)

Rackhir

Explorer
Don't forget that Lucas stole wholesale scenes from WWII ariel combat movies. The whole trench bit was taken from I think "636 Squadron" about the dam busters and I forget what movie he took a lot of the dogfight sequences from.

Remove ads