Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th Hybrid [OOC/Rolls]

Sezarious

Explorer
Hmm looking at your Stats and assuming you used your Human +1 to two different Stats (one to raise a 15 to a 16 and one to raise a 13 to a 14) you are over by 3 points as you spent 30 points. If you were modify the Array I afraid I was not allow that as the Array was more points on purpose.

Oh... Err i just used the stats you gave me EXCEPT I lowered my charisma by one and increased my wis by one:

Your quickbuild:

STR 14 (+2), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 10 (+0)

Mine:?
STR 14 (+2), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 9 (-1)

Jihahnas grumpiness makes her a poor candidate for force sensitivity, but she DOES have streetsmarts and a slightly better than average willpower :). If a mistake has been made and the stats are too high, That's cool though. So the stats before racial adjustment would be Str 13 Dex 15 Con 14, Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 9.

The equipment is fine... background swaps are cool, skills and the rest good. You have one to many Feats though. Everyone gets one at 1st level, you get a bonus one for being Human and a free one (Shake it Off) from your class. If you want to keep Force Sensitive you will have to drop Precise Shot. Up to you (and you can take either next level at 2nd)

Well then if it's ok with you, i'll just stick with the equipment i had then. I'll drop precise Shot. Shake it off is a pretty cool feat anyway. I might also swap the jury rig talent for the 'force control' DR one for now, because, going with the fluff, I like the idea that the force has actually been the thing keeping her alive. She's good with repairs etc anyway so...

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Ah I see what you did but sorry I was not normally going to allow you to modify the array. It gives more points that the standard point buy but you have to live with the set that is. Sorry I don't want to be a stickler but I would prefer everyone on the same page...

No problem with the talent swap if that is what you want... just throwing out ideas for you

Sezarious

Explorer
Ohhhhh, doh ok i get it now. I even read the words 'array' when you explained the first time, but it didn't quite register with me. I've just realised now, looking at the 5e array that yours is superior. Well, the low charisma thing, I may just have to roleplay through background traits, bonds, ideals and flaws anyway. "Slow to trust" will be one of them.

Though I could lower intelligence to 10 to use the point-buy, i kind of need for her to be slightly more intelligent than average given her ability with tools etc. At the same time... I can't bring myself to lower my combat stats, so if it's ok with you, i'll go with the standard array. Str 15 (16) Dex 13 (14) Con 14 Int 12 Wis 11 Cha 10.

GreenKarl

First Post
OK when you get your final write up you can post it over in the OOC thread for the game. Once Trogdor1992 has his character done we should be able to get you started on the planet...

Trogdor1992

First Post
I seem to be having no luck with these rules, they don't appear in the message I received either. Maybe you can give me a quick run-through of the differences from 5e, and I'll find the pdf of Sagas character creation system?

Sezarious

Explorer
I also misread the starting equipment package, thinking my choice was Either the utility belt OR the all weather cloak, commlink, and field kit. But the choice is belt or all weather cloak with the commlink and field kit guraunteed. So if i go with a utility belt instead of the cloak, I will have a second tool kit anyway.

Ah, also, you should know that the all weather cloak is inside a field kit anyway for future reference (I just spotted it then. Maybe "utility belt or electrobinoculars" would be good for future scouts? I assume you don't mind any assistance. I'm not the best at proof reading things, but if i see something that may or may not be incorrect i'll let you know?

i'll try and submit a final within the next 6 hours or so.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
I seem to be having no luck with these rules, they don't appear in the message I received either. Maybe you can give me a quick run-through of the differences from 5e, and I'll find the pdf of Sagas character creation system?

Tomorrow I can try and set up the rules over on a RPGwiki if that would help?

Or I can write up some options for your character and write out each thing (like feats and talents) and you can decide which ones you like?

I'm not sure there are any legal Saga rules out there.

Remove ads