• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th Hybrid [OOC/Rolls]

GreenKarl

First Post
Ah, also, you should know that the all weather cloak is inside a field kit anyway for future reference (I just spotted it then. Maybe "utility belt or electrobinoculars" would be good for future scouts? I assume you don't mind any assistance. I'm not the best at proof reading things, but if i see something that may or may not be incorrect i'll let you know?

i'll try and submit a final within the next 6 hours or so.

Not at all... part of the reason I am running a game is to fine the problems and mistakes I made. How else can you find them :D

No worries about your character...

Trogdor1992

First Post
Tomorrow I can try and set up the rules over on a RPGwiki if that would help?

Or I can write up some options for your character and write out each thing (like feats and talents) and you can decide which ones you like?

I'm not sure there are any legal Saga rules out there.
Okay if you want I'm completely fine with looking at some options. This is very knew to me so I'll take any help building my first character I can get!

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] This is a fabulous thread, and I love the work you've done converting Saga to 5th edition. It's like you've captured the best of both worlds. :)

That said, I just saw you posted notes on droid character. Yah! Are you guys full with 4 players now? Would there be room to squeeze in a droid PC? If so, how does droid character creation work...do you select a class at all?

I was inspired by this little guy...

[SBLOCK]
jawa_and_droid_bbq_by_paultobin-d4p87mu.jpg

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Character sheet]
Jihahna Darut - Human ex-mercenary Fringer
Human Scout 1st level (Mercenary [Soldier])

image.jpeg

Fortitude: 15, Reflex: 17, Will: 12
Hit Points: 26 (HD 1d8), Damage Threshold: 15
Speed: 12 meters
STR 14 (+2), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 10 (+0)

Proficiency: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Pistols, Rifles.

Tools:
(Class) Mechanics +3,
(Class) Electronics +3,
(Background) Slicer +3
(Background) Vehicle (speeders +5).

Skills:
(class) Athletics +4
(class) Initiative +4
(Class) Insight +2
(Race) Use the force +2
(background) Survival +2
(background) Perception +2

Feats:
Point Blank Shot (+1 to hit and damage within normal range of weapon)
Force Sensitivity
Shake it Off (free; have advantage to recover from reeling condition)

Talents: Control - Damage Reduction
Senses: passive perception 12
Languages: Basic, Language 2 (DM's decision - Whatever i would have learnt to speak with my ex-boss e.g.Huttesse?)
Gear: Blaster carbine (hit +5, (+6 point blank) damage 3d8+3 (+4 point blank) energy, ammo 50 power cell, folding stock, range 60/600 or 40/160 with stock folded, reload, stun 2d8, Wt. 2.5kg; or auto-fire: hit +2, damage 3d8+3, area affect 4x4meters), with two extra power cells (Wt. 0.2kg), Bayonet (hit +4, damage 1d8+2 piercing, Wt. 1kg, dagger when not attached to carbine, one additional bayonet (hit +4, damage 1d4+2, thrown hit +5, damage 1d4+2, range 10/30), vibrobayonet, not currently attached or in use. Used at present for skinning animals but Jihahna is currently training in its use. Field kit (Wt. 10kg), comlink (short ranged) (Wt. 0.1kg) Common clothing, credstick with 200 credits, Mechanics tool kit (Wt. 1kg)

Blaster carbine (hit +5, damage 3d8+3 energy, ammo 50 power cell, folding stock, range 60/600 or 40/160 with stock folded, reload, stun 2d8, Wt. 2.5kg; or auto-fire: hit +2, damage 3d8+2, area affect 4x4meters), with two extra power cells (Wt. 0.2kg), Vibrobayonet (hit +2, damage 2d8+2 piercing, Wt. 1kg, spear when off, or dagger when not attached to carbine, power cell, two-handed), two Daggers (hit +5, damage 1d4+3, thrown hit +4, damage 1d4+2, range 10/30), Utility belt (with electronics tools) (Wt. 4kg), Short-range comlink (Wt. 0.5kg), Field kit (Wt. 10kg), Mechanics tools, Common clothing, credstick with 200 credits.
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
So wait, what is the basis of the field kit coming with an all weather cloak? I guess the Saga rules? I'm going with GreenKarl's rule sheet until I hear otherwise.

GreenKarl

First Post
[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] This is a fabulous thread, and I love the work you've done converting Saga to 5th edition. It's like you've captured the best of both worlds. :)

That said, I just saw you posted notes on droid character. Yah! Are you guys full with 4 players now? Would there be room to squeeze in a droid PC? If so, how does droid character creation work...do you select a class at all?

I was inspired by this little guy...

We are getting pretty full and I wanted to get all the characters together fairly soon here but if you think you can write up a Droid I am cool with 6 players.

GreenKarl

First Post
Okay if you want I'm completely fine with looking at some options. This is very knew to me so I'll take any help building my first character I can get!

OK so there are two main ways for you to create a Duel Wielding Jedi (IMO)...

The first is to go the DEX/Finesse/Acrobatic rout and be Human. With your two feats you would take should be Duel Weapon (which grants yo a +1 to your Reflex Defense when you use to melee weapons, and Duel Weapon Master (requires a DEX 15+ and Duel Weapon), which allows you to apply your ability modifier to damage with your off-hand attack. As per normal D&D 5th, you can wield two light weapons, one in each hand and use a Bonus Action to make an attack with your Off-Hand, but your off-hand weapon does not get to add your Ability modifier to the damage. With a 16 DEX your attacks would be +5 to hit and both attacks would do 2d8+3 energy & slashing damage.

The other idea for a duel wielder I like a the big damage STR route. As the lightersaber is a light weapon you can use one in each hand and attack with your off hand as the bonus action. You don't need Duel Weapon to do this. Instead your two feats should be Power Attack (minimum STR 13+) which allows you to lower your chance to hit by up to your proficiency bonus and add twice that amount to melee weapon damage (at this level for a -2 to hit you gain +4 to all damage for the rest of the round). Your second feat should (might?) be Weapon Focus that grants +1 to your attack rolls with one weapon group, this one being lightsabers. The reason is that it is required to take the Talent (1st level Jedi) Weapon Specialization that does +2 damage with all lightersaber attacks. This way with a STR 16 your attacks would be +6 to hit, and damage with your main weapon would be 2d8+5, and your off-hand 2d8+2. If you power attacks that round, your to hit bonus would be +4 to hit and damage would be with your main weapon 2d8+9 and your off-hand 2d8+6.

I will write up some more in a bit here...

GreenKarl

First Post
Possible Talents for a Jedi (you get one at 1st level)...

Force Intuition you can use your Charisma (Use the Force) for initiative checks instead of Dexterity (Initiative)
Force Perception you can use your Charisma (Use the Force) to make perception checks instead of your Wisdom (Perception)
Force Pilot you can use your Charisma (Use the Force) for all vehicle operation rolls instead of Tools (Vehicles, varies)
Force Recovery whenever you use your Second Wind you also regain a number of additional hit points equal to 1d6+your Wisdom modifier per Force Point you have remaining (i.e. if you have spent no Force Points and still have 5, when you use your Second Wind you would get five 1d6+your Wisdom modifier back in hit points)
Resistance you can spend a Force Point as an Action and gain Resistance to all damage for 1 minute (10 combat rounds)
Resilience you can spend a Force Point and use a Bonus action (instead of an Action) to make a Constitution check to recover from the Reeling condition. You also get to add your Force die to as a bonus to the result of this check.
Weapon Specialization (lightsaber) requires the feat Weapon Focus (lightsaber) and when you are wielding a lightsaber you deal +2 damage on all attacks.

Remove ads