• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate/Dragonstar Season 1, Part 1 - Childern of the Gods

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lt. Simon Coville

Simon tried to stay out of anyone's way and stay toward the middle of the formation. He examined the talking stone only briefly, taking a picture of it with his camera.

'I'm really on another world,' Simon thought. 'but not on a sight-seeing tour - a dangerous mission where we could be stranded forever. Plus . . . it was cold here . . . really cold. Not a scientist's first choice.'

Last edited:

Gramcrackered

First Post
Major Torie wanders slowly about the area, eyes peering at the new world from behind a pair of sunglasses he secreted on his person. He doesn't appear particularly upset by the situation - but then again, he doesn't exactly look ecstatic. Without any particular reason, he abruptly begins to rattle off plans.

"I say we follow that main path and see where it goes or if some sort of guard patrol comes down it. Not too close by though - better to be able to see what's going on from a distance than bump into whatever comes along."

"McDhol, West, you two take point. If you come across something, let West take first crack - maybe you'll be able to take it out with that sword of yours without creating enough noise to bring everything else living around here crashing down on our heads. If you can get back without getting spotted instead, all the better. No need to take any risks just yet."

"Johnson, you'll be a beat behind, with me. We have no idea what we're going up against here - first thing we see might be the cousin of Godzilla, or it might just be some freaky alien being which also happens to be a kid. No obliterating 'till we're certain we know the good guys from the bad."

"Wolfe and Coville, I want you two in the middle. Coville, I want you clicking that camera whenever you spot something unusual. Try not to waste too much film on anything unimportant. Wolfe...just keep your head down."

"Minchen, Vasquez, you boys get to play rear guard. Make sure it's a damn close rear guard to Wolfe and Coville. Hell, might as well just get cozy with those two - you'll likely be spending a lot of time together."

Grinning, Torie turns turns to face everyone. "Come on - let's get away from that damned gate. I meant what I said about not wanting to be a slave."

Karl Green

First Post
The captain from SG Team 2 speaks up and says "With your permission sir, we will head straight… well north if our compass are correct. We will move into the woods there about 1 klick and set up base camp. Do you have a call sign you would like to use sir?"

After the call sign is set, SG-1 starts following down the trail. The woods are fairly thick here and the trail twists back and forth as you moves farther down the trail. After about 30 minutes travel, you come to a crossroad that passes the trail that you are following. This is more of an unpaved road, fairly wide and looks to be somehow well traveled.

Looking them over, Lt. McDhol…
Survival 11+9 =20
…and sees a number of tracks that look like boated foot-prints, bear prints (four legged kind), wagon and sled tracks and some large hoofed animal that he has never seen before. The trails look fairly new, it must be a fairly well traveled road.

The path you have been following continues straight but now it has become a much large road in itself, and many of the tracks on the crossroad seem to turn onto the trail you have been following.

As McDhol and West are about to drop back to consult the Major about which way to proceed…
Listen check McDhol 4 +2 =6, West 18 +1 =19
…when West hears a grunt or shout from the path straight ahead. Ducking down quickly as a group of six strangely dressed men come around the bend in the road and start heading for the crossroads. These men look like Neanderthals or brutish humans, dressed in chain mail like armor, large horned helms and carrying axes. Most are also armed with what looks like Musket Pistols and Rifles with large bayonet like blades on the barrels. They are talking in some unintelligible grunting that could be a language… and are heading straight toward the party!

At the present they have not seen any of the party. They are about 60 feet away from McDhol and West right now… moving at a walk towards you (they will reach the lead two in 2 rounds at this pass). Actions

Last edited:

Captain Tagon

First Post
Locke looks at the coming group and realizes they are probably too close to use his walkie-talkie. Signaling West with hand signs he begins to slip back towards the rest of the team.

Gramcrackered

First Post
"With your permission sir, we will head straight… well north if our compass are correct. We will move into the woods there about 1 klick and set up base camp. Do you have a call sign you would like to use sir?"

"Feh," Torie says, waving his hand dismissively even though SG Team 2 can't see the gesture. "Never understood the need for all the call signs. I prefer names. You don't want to use those, fine. You're Team 2. We're Team 1. Simple."

ferretguy

First Post
Aye Major, states the sergeant, but if something brutish gets past point, and be wavin' a weapon at us I'll take it down as quickly as possible.thinking back to what the invading force was using Hopefully the enemy will just be thinking its one of their own, since they seemed to be packing some type of gun. And to keep it on the safe side, sir, I'll just use the pistol, the machine gun as a last resort.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lt. Simon Coville

Simon was both nervous and amazed at being on another planet. Alert for new things (to take pictures of) and possible trouble, Simon saw Locke come hustling back to the group.

Immediately, Simon started looking for good cover while waiting for the Major's orders. He knew he could not hide very well at all, and needed all of the cover that he could get.

Karl Green

First Post
The Neanderthal looking men move another 30ft closer to McDhol and West (who are 60ft in front of Major Torie and Sergeant Johnson) but still don't seem to have noticed them hiding on separate sides of the trail. As they are moving closer, one of the beast-men seems to stop and start sniffing the air. He is dressed more 'roughly' or primitive then even the others, and is not carrying a musket. Instead he is carrying twin axes and wearing leather, something you might imaging a Native American Indian might have worn 200 years ago. He is sniffing the air and looking somewhat in the area where McDhol is hiding. The rest of the beast-men have not noticed this and continue to walk towards the group as if they out for a little stroll in the woods…

Lt. West, your character starts to feel very uncomfortable, and you get a weird buzzing in your head… these 'creatures' are wrong somehow... almost evil... and almost unconsciously your right hand rests onto the sword you carry… it seems to almost sings in your hand

Captain Tagon

First Post
Deciding he can't go any further safely, Locke changes modes and zeros in with his rifle on the lead target, waiting for them to make any sort of threatening move before firing.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lt. Simon Coville

Simon slowly edged his camera out of the side pocket. 'The major said he wanted pictures of everything and this seems like it might be important, Simon thought. His main goal was to remain hidden, his secondary goal was to get a shot of the 'men'.

Remove ads