Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungannon

First Post
I will miss him. He may have been a bit "cartoony" or over the top for some, but his shows were great educational vehicles and I enjoyed watching them with my sons.

Imperialus

Explorer
at least it sounds like his death was pretty much instantaneous. That’s pretty lucky considering his line of work. My logic has always been that if I have to get killed crossing the street one day, I'd rather get creamed by a bus than a civic.

Fishbone

First Post
Eh, you heard how he went, right? A huge stingray whipped an 8 inch long, serrated, venom coated knife right through his heart. That sounds like a real lousy way to go. I watched him all the time with my family when I was younger. Personally, I always though a venomous snake was going to do him in.

Imperialus

Explorer
better than getting mauled by a croc and bleeding to death or having your internal organs slowly shut down due to a nurotoxin. An eight inch spike through the heart would kill you right quick. A lot of other ways animals could kill you would take a lot longer and be a lot more painful.

Fishbone

First Post
I realize that, but people are saying ludicrous things like
"I'm sure it was how he wanted to go." Yeah, he wanted to be envenomed and bayoneted by a bottom feeder.
"Hey, it could have been worse!" Yeah, it could have been worse, but regardless, I'm pretty sure if asked Irwin wouldn't have put "serrated animal part right through the heart" high on his ways to die.

Infiniti2000

First Post
At least this time, he didn't have his baby son with him. Steve Irwin was an idiot and I am quite frankly not surprised he was done in by an animal during another idiotic stunt. I'm just glad no innocent child was killed or injured as part of it.

Xath

Moder-gator
His wife doesn't even know yet. I hope someone close to the family finds her and lets her know before she reads it on the news.

His children are 8 and 2 1/2. Those poor kids.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Xath said:
His wife doesn't even know yet. I hope someone close to the family finds her and lets her know before she reads it on the news.

His children are 8 and 2 1/2. Those poor kids.
Wow, I'd have imagined his wife would be the first to know. :\

Xath

Moder-gator
Jdvn1 said:
Wow, I'd have imagined his wife would be the first to know. :\

The article I read said she's treking through mountains in Tasmania. Noone has been able to contact her as of yet.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Stupid CNN hasn't said one word.

Actually, I've been watching the story since about 2 or 3AM Central today. CNN was definitely airing the occasional blurb on it early on today. They even interviewed Jeff Corwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads