Streets of Seilen OOC Discussion Thread

Vargo

First Post
My apologies...

...but ATTBI is a bastard.

Been 'netless for roughly 1 week now. I'm back now, let me get caught up, and I'll start posting again. :D

Rhialto

First Post
Verhazi are more or less Gnolls...

And "Trolls" are, in Tur An Tiel, a large species of Goblin... Think Bugbears...

But no, I don't expect you to charge a much larger group with several formidble creatures in it, especially with about half the party...

Last edited:

Clear Dragon

First Post
sorry about my absence folks, classes have just been too hectic, I am afraid I will have to bow out. I love the feel of the campaign but just do not have the time to post consistently. Sorry, to have been a burden, I will enjoy reading the threads.

once again sorry

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
That's too bad, Clear Dragon. Hopefully things will clear up for you sometime. Hectic isn't fun.

Best,
tKL

Rhialto

First Post
Just wanted to tell everyone--I'M STILL HERE! Things may get a little hectic now and then, but I'm planning on keeping this campaign going.

And the conflict with the Verhazi should be resolved shortly...

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
Okay, folks--first combat has been resolved. And I'd just like to know--how am I doing? Good? All right? So-so? Deserve to be shot?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I am rather glad with the campaign so far and like how you handle the presentation of your gameworld.

But I'm not very happy with the fight...

First of all I'd like to see some of the mechanical details going on behind the scene in an OOC annex. Makes me feel more like a normal D&D game when you see your rolls and know your target number.

Roll results with DC for the more important stuff, mostly.

OOC:

Ratboy attack VS Mal, AC 21
19 + 2; hit

Mal attack VS Vehrazi, AC 18
10 + 10; hit

Mal Save VS Entangle, DC 14
5 + 5; miss

Something along those line. Call me silly but I feel a greater control over my character if I see the dice rolls. You might still be fudging like crazy behind the scene (I hope not), but I still want to see those dice rolls.

Damage effects would be nice too. For example, by the end of your last post I have no idea whether I've been wounded seriously, just scratched or poisoned. And yet I should know that information and telling me flat out OOC the effects that my character is suffering would accomplish that.

-------------

Also, I'd like it if you exposed us clearly the power distribution in your campaign. I wouldn't even be asking this question if you had shown us the dice rolls:

Where do we stand as a 5th level adventurer? Are we a dime a dozen?

It seems that a bouncer just injured Mal, possibly seriously. I have a decent AC of 21. It drops to 18 if you deny me my dex but I don't think you did. Rulewise you shouldn't have, anyway: I was aware of him and I don't think I was flatfooted since I was acting when he hit me.

If he simply rolled a 20 or something like that, everything is fine. If he rolled a 12 and hit because he has a +9 to hit, that's a freakishly different thing.

If I had seen the dice roll I'd know if it was a lucky shot or not, but I haven't so let's assume it was a casual attack and that he would easily be able to do it again on a regular basis. That leads me to the question; Is Mal going to have trouble dispatching a bouncer if it comes to that? Are all bouncers 7th level rogues with 16 of dex and quickdraw, point blank shot and rapid shot?

If so, should he run like a little girl when confronted with a veteran soldier?

I'm expecting that Mal would be able to take down a squad of 12 soldiers if he had to, because I'm expecting they are mostly level 1 or 2 warriors with a strenght of 12. If your soldiers are all level 4 warriors with a strenght and constitution of 14, this assumption will get me killed!

In the same vein, I really wouldn't expect a bouncer to be able to hit me twice in such a way. If he's this good, what is he doing bouncing? Or to put it the other way, if I was working for this syndicate, would I be collecting surcharge because as a 5th level fighter I'd be too low level for the real jobs?

When you describe someone, anyone, collecting surcharge, I'm thinking he can't possibly be tough enough to challenge me alone. He wouldn't be doing such a lowly job if he was.

If I'm wrong, you really ned to explain us how it works in your campaign better because otherwise I'm going to get killed sooner than later.

Rhialto

First Post
That half-goblin...

wasn't just a bouncer.

And no, not every one on the street can waste your character. (Though about taking on 12 soldiers.... depends on the soldiers. The common riff-raff--sure easy. The elite Scarlet Guard... You're toast...)

The basic thing is--there are a lot of tough people in Seilen. And organizations of tough people. A character should be careful about who he insults--because there's a fair chance that even if that person can't hurt you, he knows someone who will...

(And when a person shows you a tattoo like it's a big deal--DO NOT TRY TO GET ON THEIR BAD SIDES! You're lucky it wasn't a skeletal hand...)

Last edited:

Remove ads