• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestions for Miniatures

mtflannery89

First Post
I'm new to miniature gaming and I have done a little bit of research and found that the actual D&D minis made by WoTC are way beyond my budget... Does anyone know a place online that sells minis for decent prices where I can actually select the ones that I want instead of getting a box of random ones that I may not even want?

The miniatures don't have to be made for D&D, but I would like them to look cool and be the right size to fit on the squares of the gaming mat. (Unless the creatures were intended to be larger than a medium sized creature.

Thanks for your suggestions and time,
Flannery

Dausuul

Legend
Troll an Toad sells common minis individually for less than a buck for many minis.

Yup, Troll and Toad is a great place to shop, and Auggies is very good too. CoolStuffInc is also not bad--smaller selection than the other two and prices not always as good, but 99-cent shipping means you can grab a couple minis without losing your shirt. And of course, there's RPGLocker, which is run by Oryan77 of these very boards. Always worth checking out.

All that said, even if you stick to the cheap stuff, you're apt to find yourself paying close to a dollar apiece, no matter where you buy. If that's going to break your budget, I suggest looking into togs instead.

(The Arachnomancer is female, incidentally.)

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
What hasn't anyone seen David Bowie in "Labyrinth"? That's a man, baby! ;)

Auggies PlastiCrypt :: Prepainted Plastic Miniatures Site

In particular, look for old MageKnight figures - you can generally find some that are priced under a dollar, some as low as 50 cents.

If you want to get rare or big minis definitely look at ebay and some of the individual auction sites for discounts. Ex. Search 'lj Parker photography'. Also check out toy store action figures for huge/gargantuan minis - you can often find some really cool stuff!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Counters might work better for you. Fiery Dragon has an electronic collection that pretty much has every monster for D&D. It might work out best for you in terms of figures per dollar and variety.

Remove ads