• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iron Mark

First Post
jontherev, you could also get Greater Two-Weapon Fighting from MotW. I wonder if anyone is going to make a smackdown using the Tempset, Geomancer, or Tamer of Beasts.

Urbanmech

Explorer
Deepwood sniper smack

Ok after reading smackdowns for some time, I finally though of a half way decent one for the Deepwood Sniper.

Race: Elf (28 point buy)
Str 12 (18 with items), Dex 22 (28 with items), Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10

Ranger 4/Fighter 4/Deepwood Sniper 7

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus:Composite Longbow, Far Shot, Weapon Spec. Composite Longbow, Improved Critical: Composite Longbow, two feats free

Magic Items: Gloves of Dexterity +6, Belt of Giant Strength +6, +5 Icy Burst Mighty (+4) Composite Longbow, Bracers of Archery, Boots of Speed, Ioun Stone (spell storing), Armor +5 (not really relevant here), Ring of Protection +2, Cloak of Resistance +3, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 =~253100gp.

The Ioun Stone holds Greater Magic Weapon (15th) and 3 Hunters Mercy's

To make this one work the archer needs to be within 30' to get the bonuses from Weapon Spec. and PB Shot and the Bracers.

Total BAB with all bonuses= 39/34/29/24
With Rapid Shot it becomes= 37/37/32/27/22

Each arrow does 1d8+18 with a threat range of 18-20/x5

On the suprise round cast Hunters Mercy (makes next bow attack a crit if it hits)

On the 1st combat round: Activate the Boots of Speed then attack.

Damage is 5d8+90+4d10 for the first shot (average 130)
The other 5 shots will do 1d8+18 each without crits. (average damage 110)
Total Damage = 240

The Deepwood Sniper can also reroll 2 attacks to try for more crits. This gives 7 tries to get a second critical which should up the damage lots more.

Thoughts? Suggestions to make it better or for those last two feats?

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
A couple modifications to the Deepwood Sniper smackdown:

First, damage per arrow should be 1d8+18 +1d6 (cold) rather than 1d8+18

Second, I don't think the sequence you have listed will work:

Surprise round: cast Hunter's Mercy

Round 1: Activate Boots of Speed, Full Attack

Since activating the boots of speed is a standard action rather than a free action, you're only left with a MeA and the partial action from Haste--not enough to do a Full Attack.

However, if you rearrange this:

Surprise Round: Activate Boots of Speed, Cast Hunter's Mercy (extra Partial action).

Round 1: Partial Attack (extra partial action), Full Attack

This actually nets you a little bit more damage than you calculated:
1st Arrow Average damage: 130
Full Attack Average damage (assuming no crits): 130
Total 260

Urbanmech

Explorer
Oh thanks, I forgot that Burst weapons also function as +1d6 weapons on normal hits. Also on the first attack it would be 5d8+90+1d6+4d10. Monte Cook did say that the intent of the burst weapons was to also include the 1d6 extra and add the burst too.

Has anyone come up with a Bard Smackdown yet?

Jairami

First Post
No sir, you don't understand. I was standing right here talking to the ambassador when he instantaneously froze and shattered. What was I supposed to do?

jontherev

First Post
The Iron Mark said:
jontherev, you could also get Greater Two-Weapon Fighting from MotW. I wonder if anyone is going to make a smackdown using the Tempset, Geomancer, or Tamer of Beasts.

Perhaps in epic levels, but my smackdown had a BAB+13 at 20th level. IIRC, you need a BAB of +15 to get GTWF. But yes, I actually wrote this before MotW came out. Taking that into consideration, I would probably start the Tempest prc after finishing the Fang of Lolth.

As for the Tempest smackdown, I'm going on memory here, but I think you need a bab+9 to qualify. I'd suggest 3 levels of rogue, 1 level of ranger, 6 levels of fighter and then 10 of Tempest. That's +2d6 sneak attack dice to add fuel to your fire. Unfortuneately, that's about as much sneak attack as you can get in 20 levels unless you take fewer levels of Tempest, which could very well be worth it.

Bobbystopholes

First Post
Normal Cleric/Actual PC

My DM runs a fairly low money campaign so I wanted a smack down similar to the Kord Incarnate. I run an elven cleric of Mayaheine. Currently 8th level, I have him set up to 17th for a smack down. For domains, my DM has allowed any domains or prestige domains open to Pelor.

This is my first attempt, so teach me well, oh masters ;)

Cleric 10/Contemplative 7
Strength 16 (+3)

Domains: War, Good, Mysticism, Strength
Feats: 1) EWP (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword) , 3rd) Scribe Scroll, 6th) Extra Spell Slot (2nd Level), 9th) Extend Spell, 12th) Persistent Spell, 15th) Power Attack

Spells cast:
1)Persistent Divine Favor +5 Luck Bonus to attack and damage [5th level slot]
2)Greater Magic Weapon +5 Enhancement Bonus to attack and damage (17 hours) [4th level spell]
3)Persistent Divine Power +2 Strength, BAB +17 [8th level slot]
4)Persistent Righteous Might +4 Enlargement Strength, 2d6 Large Bastard Sword [9th level slot]
5)Greater Aspect of the Diety +4 Unamed Bonus Strength [9th level slot]

Domain Powers/Feats Activated:
1)Strength Domain Bonus +17 Enhancement Strength
2)Power Attack +7 damage

Magic Items needed: None

All spells prepared a head of time except Greater Aspect of the Diety.

Suprise/Preperation Round: Greater Aspect of the Diety
1st Round: 4 Attacks +36/+31/+26/+21

Damage: 8d6+164 with a 32.919% of a critical averages 200.64 damage against AC 20 or 195.36 against AC 25.

While not as large as some, definitely more plausible.

If I had chosen feats better (Improved Critical, Power Critical, Divine Might) and had a keen weapon that damage would jump up to 288.99 damage per round. This character is alive and kicking and will be able to pull this stuff off on a normal day :D ... well, in about a year!

I used a melee damage calculator I pulled off this site. It's the bomb. I wish I could find where I got it from... this thread is too long! ;)

Last edited:

Attack Bonus Smack

Attack Bonus Smack

Ever wanted to know exactly how high you can to attack something, this is the answer.

Race: Human (Reincarnated to Pixie)
Stats: 18 (44) Dex, 18 (27) Wis, at least 10 Str
Classes: Ftr6/Pal4/Oobi10
Feats: Weapon Focus: Composite Shortbow, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Zen Archery, Weapon Specialization, Rapid Shot, 5 free.
Items:+5 Bane Composite Shortbow, +5 Bane Arrows, Bracers of Archery, Periapt of Wisdom +6, Book of Dex +5, Book of wisdom +5, Wand of Divine Favor (CL 18), Ring of Spell Storing, Scroll of Maximized Tenser’s Transformation (CL 18), Scroll of True Strike, Scroll of Bless, Boots of Speed.

Preparation: Cast Bless and Divine Favor, assume the Tenser’s Transformation and True Strike is in the Ring of Spell Storing, and assuming that you are fighting the enemy to which the Bane Weapons are keyed.

Combat:
1st round: Activate Boots of Speed, Cast True Strike from Ring of Spell Storing, move to within 30’
2nd Round: Cast Maximized Tenser’s Transformation from ring, attack.

Attack
+20 BAB
+9 Tenser’s Transformation (Unnamed)
+17 Dexterity
+8 Wisdom
+7 Bow (Enhancement)
+7 Arrows (Enhancement)
+1 Point Blank Shot
+1 Weapon Focus
+1 Superior Weapon Focus
+1 Size
+6 Divine Favor (Luck)
+1 Bless (Morale)
+2 Bracers of Archery (Competence)
+20 True Strike (Insight)

+101 Total Attack Bonus.

If there is anything I missed, please bring it to my attention.
[Edited to add size bonus, correct weapon choice]

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
100? Drat. Still need a Natural 20 to hit Muench's AC 160 PC.

Where are my magic missiles?

Just kidding. Very nice work. Good thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads