Super Hero rpg: checking interest

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
I started a new recruitment thread here.

Got it, digesting. Write up when not on ipad.

like much of it, but have thoughts from attempt at own supers system; different rules premises, but enough to know I like a lot of what you've done.

Glad you picked it up and have been enjoying it so far. Happy to discuss game design concepts.

As for Iron Man

[sblock=Iron Man]
Note that the [H] indicates that a talent is hard-tech. Hard-tech gives a bonus die in narrow circumstances but has a number of drawbacks. Including not being able to spend Strainpoints to boost rolls.
Note that this version of Iron Man has more Talents than a starting character.

Iron Man

Identity: Tony Stark

Accuracy: 3- hand blast [O]
Mobility: 5- rocket boots [F,H], 2- flight agility [F,H]
Toughness: 4- armoured suit [D], 3- environmental protection [D]
Might: 5- chest blast [O], 3- lift and flight lift [F]
Brains: 4- rich and influential [F], 3- invent suit-enhancements [F], 3- unhackable [D]
Senses: 3- sight [F,H], 2- linked-up (mobile, internet, radio) [F,H]

Superpower Finesse: 3- Flight,

Weakness: Heart dependent on suits power supply. All “powers” dependent on power supply. Suffers Lifepoint damage when in negative Strain. Chest blast costs a Strainpoint.

Strainpoints: 6
Lifepoints: 6

Relations: 3- tinkering in lab, 2- Jarvis, 2- Pepper Potts, 2- recharge

Description of Talents:

Most of these are pretty obvious so I’ll just say

Invent Suit-Enhancements (3- brains): This gives Tony a chance (rolled) to have enhanced his suit to have a particular ability. The GM sets the difficulty of the challenge to have the desired enhancement. Enhancements act as rank 2 Talents.

Marvel Universe

Group: Avengers
Orientation: Hero
Role: Smart Flier

[/sblock]

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
@Thondor - Exactly what I was thinking. Also, if the Power description DOES work as I suggested to Fire above, would said power be usable for non-mobility purposes? Such as defensively, or pooling with an attack to represent tricky martial arts/cool mobile fighting? If so, I may indeed take it at a higher rank after all now that I've thought more no the subject.

You could indeed pool 'parkour' with attack or defensive actions (and more creative actions as well). There is a limit to how often you can do this sort of thing, basically once* per confrontation.

*this isn't accurate it depends on how many other Talents you have which you could feasibly use in a pool with Parkour. The actual rule is once per set of Talents.

Let's move the discussion over to the new thread shall we?

Last edited:

Remove ads