• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Volo's Races: LIZARDFOLK WIN!

Li Shenron

Legend
Goblin 9
Hobgoblin 8
Lizardfolk 14

I like all of them, but I prefer the Lizardfolkmenpeople for a few reasons:

- Goblins and Hobgoblins have evil alignment baggage that often leads them to be RP the same 2 ways i.e. "evil PC wants to kill and pillage" or "I am against my own race because I'm not evil enough"; Lizardfolks have more RP freedom

- Goblins are not that different from small savage humans and Hobgoblins from big savage humans; Lizardfolks are reptiles and this implies interesting practical differences (think eggs and cold blood -> very different from mammals). Of course this is irrelevant to morons who think lizardfolks female have breasts, but that's another story.

- Lizardfolk offer a lot more options to a DM who wants to differentiate them in the fantasy world: just pick a different kind of lizard (gekos, iguana, chameleon, komodo...) from a biology book and you easily have a new lizardfolk subrace. Heck, you could even just color-code them!

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I'm glad the bugbear's dead. One almost 1-shot me in Lost Mines the other day (15 damage to a 9 health character).

That said it was the rioting goblins (that we instigated) that got the killing blow on the SoB, so they get a free pass this time.

Goblin 9
Hobgoblin 7
Lizardfolk 13

Remove ads