Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Leif

Adventurer
Banaq - Elf Sorcerer L6 - Archmage T1

'I have no reason to believe that he is no longer dead, any more than the rest of us might. I simply point out that death is not always as final a solution as one may hope, particularly when we know for a fact that this villain had associates who were priests of unknown powers. Perhaps we should have taken further steps to ensure that he remained dead, like removing his heart or something equally as vital. If he has friends who are able to bring him back when starting with an incomplete body, then we may be in over our heads. But we all must die in some way or other, so it might as well be in the pursuit of a good and noble cause." This ends Banaq's "Moaning Myrtle", "Doogie Downer" impersonation.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn shook her head.

"You're not thinking like a demon. He was a failure," she says. "The demons have better things to spend their spells on than a bush league cultist who couldn't keep himself or his cell alive." She takes a drink of the wine she poured and adds, "Not to mention, the Abyss already has him by now. He's probably more useful to them as another demon than what he was."

Leif

Adventurer
Banaq - Elf Sorcerer L6 - Archmage T1

"I hadn't considered that! Yes, I'm sure you're right, thank you for the insight."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sir Sheldon looks about the room with a bit more then a little surprise then sits as directed, pours himself water and simply observes all that is spoken, looking for what is not spoken. Unless he is directly addressed he will remain silent, as he is actually quite terrified of being in the presence of the sovereign.

Kaodi

Hero
"You know," begins Randlay with his characteristic drawl. "I am sure Her Majesty has better things to do than listen to you debate the finer points of whether some red-headed demon bastard-child is alive dead or dead dead," he says, with a particularly smug emphasis on the proper way to address a sovereign queen. "No matter how providentially distinguished the debaters."

"Did you know that there were tribes of children warped by the Worldwound and abandoned to the darkness beneath the city where they grew into warring factions? One of the many fun facts we learned after the destruction dropped us down a big ol' hole."

"Anyway, long story short, once we crawled out of that hole we were issued some thingamajig called a 'rod of cancellation' and pointed in the direction of what remained of the city's wardstone. Heckuva fight to get there, but we did and used the rod to destroy the fragment, which the cultists wanted to use to subvert the wardstones to use against us. Gets a bit hazy after that, like I had way too many drinks, but, you know, different. Blowing up the wardstone fragment released a lot of weird energy, and I think Iomedae just decided we would make excellent sponges."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Vakeva nods his agreement with Jack's statements - both about the sideways conversation and about the lost children. He adds, "We also found some evidence that there's a cult that's infiltrated the church of Iomedae. Servants of Baphomet, calling themselves the 'Templars of . . . ' well, of somethin'. Could be they're part of the reason the demons got th' drop on us."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 10/11
Mythic Surge: 03/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
At this time, her majesty's defender speaks. The paladin keeps to as even tones as possible, but there is still a myriad of emotions.

"The Servants of Baphomet also call themselves the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth. The children of the wound that assisted us are allies of great worth. Without their assistance we would have had limited success, possibly even failure.

What also helped was Riftwarden Aravashnial, A nobleman whose home was destroyed and ransacked, except for a cache of weapons that proved a most invaluable, even priceless, resource. He gave us what ever we needed. I recommend a commiserate reward to the nobleman. He lost his library in that attack, but most important was tha loss of all of his former riftwarden." He then returns to silent watching.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The Pitch

The queen interrupts your discussion, "I fear we are getting bogged down in relatively minor affairs while matters of much greater import are looming."

Though obviously tired, Queen Galfrey takes the time to draw each of you out with questions about your background and recent actions, especially the breaking of the Wardstone. Clearly, she is measuring each of you. Finally, she comes to the point.

"While there are some narrow-minded souls among the crusade who blame you for the destruction of the wardstone border, I do not begrudge you for what you did. Far from it. From the sound of it, you saved entire legions of crusaders from a most vile fate by preventing Vorlesh from transforming them, and the blast of energy gave us the time we needed to regroup and prepare for what will certainly come next. But you understand the implications of what you've done, I'm sure-the wardstones are gone, but lomedae has seen fit that you will be their replacement. I can think of no other reason that would explain why their power would have settled in your bodies and souls and didn't merely fade into the ether. In time, the demons will regroup and reorganize-we can trust their inherent chaos to make this period of regrouping longer than it otherwise would take, but we shouldn't underestimate them. They'll be back soon enough. Already I've had reports from along the front lines that small groups of demons are attacking fortifications and settlements along the southern border.

But what intrigues me most is news from several reliable sources that as our fiendish enemies are starting to mass in the southern reaches along the Riftshadow within the Worldwound, they have left several of their northern lairs relatively unprotected. In particular, the fiend Aponavicius has taken the bulk of her army from Drezen, leaving it only moderately protected as she joins with the Storm King in lz to, no doubt, plot greater attacks on larger targets like Nerosyan, Karcau, and beyond. The time is right to strike into their territory. Drezen was the first of our cities to fall after the First Crusade, and we lost more than our kin and our pride that day. We lost the Sword of Valor, a magical banner carried by the Inheritor herself during the Shining Crusade. If Drezen could be retaken-if the Sword of Valor could once again be held by the crusade ... well, I trust I don't need to explain how well that would affect morale. But with the imminent attacks along the border, I cannot spare many to lead an assault on Drezen. And even if I could, a large army attacking the city would only draw Aponavicius back to defend the place. The obvious tactic is to send in a group of capable heroes with a modest but well-trained army to strike now, while the proverbial iron is hot. And this is why I've sought you out. If you can retake Drezen and reclaim the Sword of Valor, not only will you silence the fools who would brand you traitors for destroying the wardstone, but more importantly, you would bolster the entire war effort with your heroism. And I fear we need all the bolstering we can get!"

[sblock=Drezen--Knowledge Geography 12, History 15 or Religion 20]Drezen was a dwarf built fortress city and first stronghold of the response to the Worldwound. It feel to treachery after the first Crusade and its loss was a trigger for the 2nd Crusade. Unfortunately, it could not be wrested from the Demons and so it was left inside the ring of Wardstones when they were built. It has been in demonic hands for 75 years.[/sblock]

[sblock=Sword of Valor--Knowledge Nobility 20, History 15 or Religion 12]It's not a sword. It's a battle standard-an artifact once used by Iomedae herself during the Shining Crusade. The church loaned the banner to the First Mendevian Crusade and allowed it to hang in Drezen, where it bolstered crusader morale and, perhaps more importantly, warded against demonic attacks, deceptions, and even teleportation. It was lost in the fall of Drezen and is widely believed to be held in a vault under Drezen.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aponavicius--Knowledge History 30 or Religion 25]Aponavicius is a Marilith of exceptional power known for her violent temper and acts of cruelty. She was instrumental in the fall of Drezen and is believed to have ruled the city since its fall though she roams widely.[/sblock]

Remove ads