T1: A Visit to Spelding Square [Completed]

Boddynock

First Post
At Rolfar's gasped explanation, Peladus says, "I'm glad it's nothing worse."

When Rilithorne ignores his observations he simply raises an eyebrow. At the mage's question about magical auras, he says, "Not yet."

Then, grinning, he adds, "After you," with a sweeping bow.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rilithorne considers the party's words. "So, then. There are jellies and oozes that scour the dank places of the world that may be split apart by blades with no apparent harm," he answers. "Forgive me, you did deal with the resulting offspring, did you not? Good, good. I shall wish to see it too."

He fumbles in a sidepocket of his pack and comes up with a silver coin which he drops atop the black slimy flesh. He peers closely, pinching his nose closed against the smell.

"If this is one of them, I confess I do not recognise it. Those that are black in colour are of much greater size. The touch of the smallest kinds may dissolve metal but this coin does not tarnish, nor were your weapons harmed, though I see your skin is seared.

"Besides, no common ooze is shaped like this, a mass of scores of tendrils. Nor are there any which can become invisible! The very idea is ridiculous! Well, let us see what the arcane arts may tell us."

He casts a simple cantrip. At once he says, "Magical indeed, Mister Ngikhnit. Your intuitions were correct." He circles around to the eastern side of the creature, so that both it and its slayers are in view. "Call it a wizard's curiosity," he says.

Seconds pass, then he frowns. "Young man, if you do have the spell prepared, I believe you should see this."[sblock=OOG]
When Rilithorne ignores his observations he simply raises an eyebrow.
You didn't think you'd get away with just saying 'Peladus describes the creature in detail', do you? :p [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

"I think this creature combined the worst parts of different oozes.
Caustic to touch.
Many pseudopods.
As hard to see as a cube.
I hope it had no darker origin."
Midias explains.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 7/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Shield of Faith, Command

Effects: -

XP:2.550
Gold: 363.5
Items got since last character update: lost 1 bolt

[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOG: Peladus should have detect magic, message and read magic prepared. Is he nervous of putting his spellcraft to the test in front of Rilithorne?

"Perhaps, yes," says Rilithorne to Midias doubtfully.

"Oh well, no matter, though it is a pity to miss an opportunity for study," he says to Peladus. "The creature bears a faint aura of illusion, which accounts for the blurriness of its outline. There is a second corpse lying seawards of us, beyond the reach of the light, bearing the same effect.

Your silent elf friend carries an aura of enchantment. I trust he was not charmed into assisting you at risk of his life. Master Elf, will you speak?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah," says Rilithorne in the face of the silence. "His mind is indeed addled, though I believe I can restore him. Ngikhnit, would you hold him upright? He may find his recovery disorienting."

Rilithorne hustles the others aside. "I shall dispel the effect. Now." He casts.
[sblock=Ngikhnit]Spelding Square loses its marvel. It becomes just what it is - a damp, dark, dirty, fishy market square, littered with dead monstrosities.[/sblock][sblock=Quozen]The shadows of hate and indignation beyond time and hope and light that hold Quozen in their grasp... rip, part, lift away and vanish. He finds himself again.

OOG: Quozen's penalties to Int, Wis and Cha are removd.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"so swamp slime creatures,theygo invisible, and make minds be twisted too? Maybe sky star bring creatures?"

Remove ads