Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern! (chapter 1, now closed)

Lazlow

First Post
More designing tips from Ranti

<Turning back to the lass behind the bar>

"Now where was I, oh yes, a nice gingham would look good on you and would bring out the rosy cheeks that you have and the brightness of your eyes. of course the green ribbon in your hair will have to go, it would clash, a bright red ribbon would add such ambiance to your demeanor. I think that you could also do with a nice cheery apple red apron and have the new curtains in the bar match and the table cloths could be a good tartan with a purple and red design."

With a bit of a befuddled look on her face, Muirna self-conciously preens her hair and brushes down her clothes. "Well," she mutters, "It has been a while since I got a new outfit..." But at the mention of a tartan she snaps back to life: "NO! No, no no no, no tartans. Feargal's ludicrous accent is enough of that, thank you!" With that, she bustles off to tend to the customers.

<Looking around again>

"Maybe some cushions and covers on the seats and even some shirts with the taverns logo sewn onto the from for the eployees. I think that would look wonderful. But we would have to decide what the logo is..."

<I appear to be talking to myself now>

"Maybe....Come to The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern and leave with a new outlook on life....or TOBOeSRDT it's not a bar, it's an adventure..."

Muirna, having returned with an armful of empty mugs and plates, sets them down behind the bar with a roll of her eyes. "Designers... <sigh>"

Lazlow

First Post
Someone makes an impression on the townsfolk

"Eh? What? Oh, yes, as it looks I will be spending at least one night here, it might be better to put it all together."

"Right-o." She bustles off to tend to more customers. The sun is well past setting now, and the tavern is starting to fill up and get busy.

Satisfied that he has answered her questions, he proceeds to uncork the bottle of wine and pour himself a glass, seemingly oblivious to everything that goes on around him. A few minutes into his meal, he reaches into a leather satchel he put down next to his chair and pulls out a book. It is bound in dark-red leather, and carries the title, "The Intricacies of Torture and Execution: Professional Edition". He holds the book in front of him with one hand, trying to catch the best light and uses his other hand to move his food and drink to his mouth. A few times the subject matter of the book is so engrossing that he can't take his eyes from it, his wine glass held motionless inches from his lips. After a moment, his arm begins to hurt and he quickly takes a sip, putting the glass back down afterwards.

The patrons nearby your table ignore you, for the most part... That is, until you pull out your book. A few glance at the cover and recoil just a bit when they read the title. After a few minutes of engrossed reading, you notice that every single one of the townspeople around you have scooted their tables and chairs back about three feet from your own table.

Gray Shade

First Post
Without hesitation, Sheriff Berserker Bill answers, "Aye, gaunt stranger! I believe there WILL be death involved. But only as much as necessary, with just a little more for good measure. If all goes well, it will be the death of others--those not affiliated with our party, most likely those who oppose our party. I forsee gruesome and violent deaths awaiting any who oppose us." He wipes a bit of froth from the corner of his mouth. "Assuming, of course that when challenged with physical violence, our cohesion remains strong and we . . . daring few have the strength to defend. And kill."

He then looks over at the small, attractive woman in leather. "Details? Verily, details, indeed! Once a posse has been formed and dually-deputized, I will present all the details of the case so that every member can function to its fullest capacity, so that we all will support this quest, and if one were to imagine in one's head this worthy adventure as the body of a horse, and us five as its legs, well, a five legged horse would be sturdy indeed, yes. One more leg of . . ." he moves his hand like kneading dough with his fingertips and concentrates on it " . . . to balance and maintain."

He snaps his head up and finishes, "And from that: Our strength!" and seems satisfied he's responded to her question. He does however, squint past her, and say, "oh, I apologize, I trusted that man to be your Sergeant." He tries to point politely to get the man's attention. "You, sir, whether you be with the lady or not you are invited to join as well. Hel knows a party can always use beings skilled with sword and bow, yes? . . . er . . . sir?"

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Gray Shade said:
"Details? Verily, details, indeed! Once a posse has been formed and dually-deputized, I will present all the details of the case so that every member can function to its fullest capacity
"You, sir, whether you be with the lady or not you are invited to join as well. Hel knows a party can always use beings skilled with sword and bow, yes? . . . er . . . sir?"

Pointing to his star Do we get stars, too?

She whispers in her companions ear. He turns and nods.

Richard says yes! But only if I say yes, since he's my body gaurd.

Gray Shade

First Post
"Outstanding! He seems a grave and fearsome warrior--I recognize and honor his indebtedness to you. You must have great status and be a fair mistress in order to command such fellowship. I like Richard already, and respect you both greatly. And yes, all volunteers get stars as part of their standard-issue deputy kit. Careful with the badges, though; they carry the authority of the Duke with them, and with great power comes . . ." he fades off to barrel-rolling his fingers in the air "and so on."

Wystan

Explorer
I turn at the sound of the word Money:

"I am interested sir. I would very much like to show the 'Problem' a thing or two. I mean the people here do not seem interested in my discourse and do not seem interested in lifting themselves out of the drab dreary colors that they wear. I find myself short of funds and companions and would desire both. I am an able arm with a sword and look forward to assisting. I too would like a star as it would compliment the green necklace that I wear. However I still stress that a bath would not kill you."

I look to see if the soup and the bread have been brought yet..
If not I start to ask about it again....:)

"Count me in as well if death is involved," the gaunt man replies chearfully. "I was hoping there would be some death." He begins humming to himself and goes back to his reading.

Lazlow

First Post
Berserker Bill's Call To Arms!

Gray Shade said:
The human with the badge claps Sunderkeg friendlily on the back as he moves past him and says loudly: "Thank you, wise and mighty Sunderkeg! I'm in town on an important mission. Sent by the Duke. I seek an item of power, which I must keep from falling into the wrong hands, but first I must find a stalwart band of adventurers to help me, for my plight is mightier than my singular might might be."

A happy little smile makes it's way across Sunderkeg's face as if to say, Why, yes... I am wise and mighty, aren't I...?

He pauses and the angle of his look goes a bit over everyone's head as he turns away from Sunderkeg and toward the tavern dwellers.

It seems to be that wherever you look, the people directly in your line of vision turn around or look away.

Stirring as your speech is, you're not exactly surprised that none of the townsfolk jump to accept your offer, even at the mention of the Duke's gold.

Lazlow

First Post
Wystan said:
I look to see if the soup and the bread have been brought yet..
If not I start to ask about it again....:)

During Berserker Bill's speech, Sunderkeg sets a bowl of thin-looking soup and a smallish piece of bread in front of you. He fixes you with a friendly but steely glare, as if to say, "You're welcome... For now."

LogicsFate

First Post
How many people were you looking for, cause we count as two people referring to herself and Richard.

And he is like a person referring to the elf maybe even two people

eyes passing over the gaunt person

and yourself referring to bill that makes five

Remove ads