• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

ukingsken

First Post
I am an envoy of the Iron General.

He bows his head momentarily as he speaks of the general and then continues.

I am sent to post this recruitment notice. The general's troops are spread thin and there has been some concern coming from one of our frontier settlements. However with the legions spread thin there is little hope of aid in the near future. For this reason the Iron General has sent me here to seek aid from outsiders. However it seems we must wait a while yet. A single warrior and one of the devil bound is not sufficient for the task.

Rathan

First Post
"hmmm.. you read people well dragonborn... interesting... well when you do have enough here to seek aid I'll join you... I grow more and more bored with these surrounding by the moment..." the warlock utters softly..

[sblock=ooc] Ok.. I'm off for the weekend.. but I will be back sunday night.. don't leave without me! LOL[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hadarai slides on his seat to turn around and face the dragonborn. Then, sir, you are seeking warriors. The Eladrin finishes the last of his wine in a gulp. I think I will be of much help of youm sir. I am a competent commander, if I may say so. Granted, he goes on, trning around to loook at the mostly empty taverns ...it does not look like you will find much more help here, at the moment.

[sblock=ooc]uking, Hadarai is a tactical warlord, here's the character page. He's not approved yet, though. Not that there is any haste... :heh:[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] We wont leave without you Rathan, and I had already found him Ata :p [/sblock]

I did not rise to my position as the generals aid by being foolish Devil bound. And you speak the truth fey one, I seek warriors and both of you would prove an asset to our cause so long as you can follow orders. However it will take several more to accomplish the task the general will set before you.

[sblock=ooc] I'm hoping for five, and if I had to I could accomadate six. I'd really like to see a cleric i nthe party but we'll take whatever we get, always liked non traditional parties anyway. [/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Patronis nodded softly as he made the statement about being able to follow orders. He was well versed in doing so yet most times he didn't LIKE to... but work was work and as long as it served him best he would do so.

"Lets hope we get some more warm bodies then in here soon so we can make haste"

rumleech

Explorer
A young man with sandy, thinning hair and dark clothes in merchant style strolls into the bar, buys a cup of ordinary wine and looks round at his fellow patrons. "I'm looking for work", he says to the room in general, "I'm a ... sort of scout. People call me Mr. Bricks".

[sblock=OOC]Mr Bricks is awaiting approval. He's a Trickster Rogue and can be found here.[/sblock]​

rumleech

Explorer
Mr. bricks walks cautiously up to the Dragornborn and the sight almost looks comic as the young human is dwarfed by the envoy. "Are you hiring? I'm no warrior but I can hold me own in a scrap and I have other skills which might be handy."

Rathan

First Post
Patronis looked down at himself and noted how he could be mistaken for a warrior... his time in torture had given him a wiry build with rock hard muscles where visible... Only two things made it not so apparent he was not one for melee combat... his robes which were far from warrior-born garb.. and distinct lack of visible weaponry... it was possible he was carrying them under his robes but if he was it would have to be light weapons.

"I can't imagine the dragonborn would turn away someone given the distinct lack of warm bodies to hire..."

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Greetings. My name is Hadarai. It seems that we might have the chance to work together. says the eladrin to the newcomer.

[sblock=ooc]now if we can find someone with a strong melee basic attack...I'll be happy[/sblock]

Remove ads