• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Team: TITAN, Class of 2004

Karl Green

First Post
Team TITAN campus, Oct 31st, 8:16am, the Field

Batgirl said:
Her eye are look at Impulse in that strange and distant way of hers.
"Problem?"

Impulse looks up when Batgirl appears next to him, smiling he says “Oh hey there Batgirl, oh nothing much I was…” he then notices how she is dressed, slightly wet now from the misty rain, and his mouth hangs open for a fraction of a second (an eternity for a super-speedster like him) “Oh… wow… ba… da… oh, wow, you look… ah amazing you know…ah” he then shakes his head quickly and continues “But anyway, last night I was reading up on some stuff… you know I don’t need much sleep at all really, so I have a lot of time on my hands… anyway I was reading and doing some exploring on the Library’s computers and I found some interesting stuff about the campus’s security system… state of the art from LexCorp you know… not that I really like LexCorp, in fact I am really very concerned that they have so much to do with this TITAN program that we are all in… anyway I was checking up on the security procedures and there are all kinds of advanced systems in place, but a lot of them seem to be directed at monitoring us? So like there are a number of them that will detect my Speed-Force Vibratory abilities specifically… you see I have the ability to vibratory at a certain frequency by tapping into the Speed-Force, and become…hmm intangible as it were, I can pass through walls, etc… well anyway there are sensors here that detect that… back here there seems to be small ‘gap’ in the system and I was just testing out to see if I could maybe slip past it… did you know that they also have sensors to detect when Raven opens a gateway to teleport or some such thing… I didn’t know she could do that… or another and of course something that detects the biosigns of all of us if we try and leave, flying or otherwise… even Beast Boy if he were like a fly or something would set some of them off… if I am correct… so I don’t really like being monitored like that and I thought I would check it out to see if there was a way past them… I think I am going to take with Cyborg, cause he is like some kind of computer wiz… I mean I am pretty good and all, but he has liked an advanced degree or something in them already… I heard he got it through some program in high school that allowed him to take these computer classes or something and then he wrote some big paper when he was 14 and got like an job offer from S.T.A.R. Labs if you can believe it. Anyway I think he should be able to break their little security code with his eyes closed or something…and ah…

It is about then, Batgirl is not really sure if he took a breath or not throughout his little speech, that he notices that she is not following anything he is saying. He looks a little embarrassed as his voice tails off and for a second he smiles shyly at her not talking anymore…

Mordane76

First Post
Superboy (OK, 5HP)

After vegging in front of the television for most of the morning, Connor stops in at the counselors at 8A and drops off his class selections:
Algebra, Introductory Biology, Introductory Guitar, and Philosophy.

Not really much in the mood for anything else, he heads back to the Residency and returns to the couch for another dose of TV.

Karl Green

First Post
Team TITAN campus, 8:16am, Oct 31st, the Infirmary

Cat's Eye said:
"I...I don't think I was a meta before this...meta...funny word for different." Kitty says softly. When the Doctor says she needs to do some tests before they can move onto others, she shrug, "Your the doctor. Tell me what to do and I'll do it." she sounds rather resigned to it.

"I was able to track Cassie down by her scent when she and the other girls were in the workshop, yesterday before we went to the mall. Everyone has a really unique scent, I just followed that to where it was strongest, and then she was there. Its like someone turned all my senses up all the way."

Dr. Charles writes some notes into her logbook and says “You could have been exposed to something that could have rapidly re-written some of your gene-code sequence. There are a lot of theories these days about metagenes and how they interact with the human body.

Looking straight into Kitty’s eyes she asks “You don’t have any memory of this though so we can’t rule out or assume anything at this point. It could be that you were where accidentally or intentionally exposed to it to a transgenic-metagene virus for all we know. I have been review a number of different papers about the subject when I first applied for this position. There was a scientist a few years back doing experiment on lab animals with a rapid gene retro-virus. I believe he was working for LexCorp but I can’t place his name right now. I do remember though that this area of research was banned by the UN and US five years ago as to dangerous.

Sighing, she shakes her head and says “I’m sorry, I really should not be speculating about any of this, I something think out-loud too much. If I freak you out or anything just let me know and try too forgive me ok?

Now lets see about those tests. We can start with something easy; hearing and vision…

For the next hour or so, Doctor Charles tests Kitty’s hearing, sight, night-vision, speed and reaction, balance and heightened sense of smell through a number of different machines, charts, treadmills, etc. She also makes small talk throughout to Kitty and Cassie, trying to make the young woman feel as comfortable as possible and not like some kind of lab experiment. They learn that she is only 19 (a child prodigy, she finished her residency 6 months ago, one of the youngest ever through John Hopkins), and is the most junior member of the medical staff here at the TITAN facility. As such she is stuck mostly with the weekend and late night shifts, but that she feels very privilege to have a chance to work here with you all. She is also fascinated by Dove and Raven’s apparent healing abilities, and talks about the two more then a little – mostly talking about Dove as she treated his injuries last night, although she does not get into how he was injured.

Karl Green

First Post
Team TITAN campus, 8:16am, Oct 31st, the Residency

Superboy said:
After vegging in front of the television for most of the morning, Connor stops in at the counselors at 8A and drops off his class selections:
Algebra, Introductory Biology, Introductory Guitar, and Philosophy.

The attendant on-duty takes Superboy's class-schedule request and says "Well I can certainly enter in your requests. I think a counselors will want to talk with you tomorrow to make sure you are going to be happy with these choice. At least no classes tomorrow then hmm?"

Superboy said:
Not really much in the mood for anything else, he heads back to the Residency and returns to the couch for another dose of TV.

He finds Cyborg in the TV room, not really watching TV just hanging out and working on laptop. He nods his head and says "Hey Conner"

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
After a quick breakfast, Raven returned to her room to retrieve a book. It seemed that most of the students had dispersed to pursue their own activities. She thought it would be a fine oppotunitiy to do some reading. Book in hand, she made her way to the television room. She nodded in greeting to those who were already there. "Good morning."

Karl Green

First Post
eam TITAN campus, 8:17am, Oct 31st, the Residency

Dark Nemesis said:
She nodded in greeting to those who were already there. "Good morning."

Cyborg smiles up from his laptop screen and says "Good morning, sleep ok?"

Last edited:

Super Girl

First Post
Kitty gets very frightened by all of the doctor's speculation, and she wonders which would be better, to have had this done to her, or for it to be just her not being normal. Kitty let herself bbe put through her paces without any complaints, she wanted to know what she could do, and the only person not going all out would hurt was herself. Kitty constantly surprises herself at just how good at all of this stuff that she was now, she hadn't been a slouch before, she had actually been pretty agile, but now the testing was showing just how good she was, and it was beyond olympic level.

All of the tests were giving Kitty a sense of confidence in herself, but it was a fragile confidence, untested, and the black out yesterday at the mall kinda scared her, a lot. "Dr. Charles? I uh... I was wondering if you could tell me why I blacked out yesterday, I mean, I did okay, I guess...I'm still alive, but why did everything fade away? Cassie was with me, so she can tell you what I did when I was blacked out, but what caused it? Do you think it'll happen again?"

Karl Green

First Post
Team TITAN campus, Oct 31st, 8:44am, the Infirmary

Cat's Eye said:
"Dr. Charles? I uh... I was wondering if you could tell me why I blacked out yesterday, I mean, I did okay, I guess...I'm still alive, but why did everything fade away? Cassie was with me, so she can tell you what I did when I was blacked out, but what caused it? Do you think it'll happen again?"

Dr. Charles looks at Kitty and says "To be honest Miss Pantra, I am not sure. There could be so many different reasons, but it seems logical that it has something with your 'change'. But there maybe something we can do about it in the short term. I would like to hear what Miss Sandsmark has to say about it also. It might give us all some ideas. But first and foremost, Miss Pantra, I want you to know that we will do everything in our power to help you control your powers and any other adverse affects. It is something to worry about, I will not lie to you, but I have total confident in the fact that you can overcome it." Throughtout this she looks straight into Kitty's eyes and smiles warmly with confidence.

Last edited:

Remove ads