• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Abyssal Campaign (~260pg).

Zappo

Explorer
Updated. An insane derro stalks Broken Reach, and if you think "insane derro" is redundant, think again.

More evil plans are under development. By the way, anyone knows of a Bodak template? *whistles innocently*

Mods, if my bumping this thread at every update is a problem, by all means let me know!

Zappo

Explorer
Updated. Sorry for the long time. The DOC file is now 100 pages long. In other news, xoom sucks and the files are now on another host. :D

Edit: since the new host sucks even more, the files are back on xoom.

Last edited:

Asmo

First Post
Li Shenron, about that encounter in Forge of Fury:
this creature is intelligent, so it can speak. Let it know common or some other language that some of the party members knows. I´m sure you can handle it from there.
Don´t forget that this encounter is about negotiation: let the player figure that out instead of just throwing it at the party

Asmo

RichGreen

Adventurer
can't believe I missed this thread

Hi,

Just downloaded and had a look at your adventure -- very impressive! Funnily enough, I am running an epic game set in the Abyss, also involving Demogorgon. The PCs have spent the last couple of sessions trashing and looting Mithrengo in order to recover a staff of necromancy which holds the soul of one of their dead companions. They have been in and out of Broken Reach several times, have visited Zelatar and are off to Naratyr next to gather more information before they take on Abysm.

Cheers

Richard

Zappo

Explorer
Cool! How did you portray Broken Reach?
RichGreen said:
The PCs have spent the last couple of sessions trashing and looting Mithrengo in order to recover a staff of necromancy which holds the soul of one of their dead companions.
Deck of many things? :D

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I used the descriptions in Planes of Chaos. They haven't really explored the Reach and because they are good (two are half celestials and one is a paladin), they've not wanted to spend much time chatting with the locals. All their dealings have been with Red Shroud herself. I'm planning to have her seduce the paladin if I get the chance! Her nalfeshnee consort, Ygrax, has taken a shining to the party's female cleric too....

The party fighter was killed a while ago in Greyhawk by a tough balor called Rakkash, Gatherer of Souls who had a staff of necromancy (from the Epic Level Handbook). I made him ruler of Mithrengo -- the party have just been there, killed lots of demons (including Rakkash, but not his marilith consort) and recovered the staff. They are now back in the Reach.

Their ultimate destination is Abysm -- there are three items they need to recover from Demogorgon's Forbidden Vault: the Sceptre of Good, the Book of Wee Jas and an intelligent warhammer containing the soul of one of the character's mother.

Do you have For Duty and Deity (FR adventure)? It was available as a free download, I think, on the WotC website and has a lot of information about Zelatar and Grazzt's realm.

I have also detailed part of Abysm. Happy to send you my adventure notes, although a lot of it is campaign specific, and not as professionally presented as your adventure.

Cheers

Richard

Zappo

Explorer
I have For Duty and Deity, and I plan on using lots of its information when I reach the point where the PCs visit the Triple Realm. It'll be a while, however... right now, I'm writing the chase for Red Shroud's daughter and I'll do Mithrengo next. I've actually played the first encounter with Red; the reaction when they realized that she wanted them to kill her own daughter was beautiful. Even the evil party members fell silent for a moment.

I would love to see your notes! I am wondering what to do with Mithrengo. I can't quite decide whether making it a dungeon crawl, or adding some more plots and schemes, or both! My email is filpolo@tin.it.

Zappo

Explorer
Ah... I've committed myself to DMing a Planescape game at the local gaming club while I'm abroad. The game will be six sessions long, therefore I can't play the Abyssal Campaign there, therefore I've paused that while writing another (short) adventure. I'll upload the current draft of the Abyssal Campaign shortly after making this post (the only new bit is the introduction of Red Shroud, plus some minor reformatting and typo correction). While asking forgivance, I'll give ya the overall plot of the short adventure ("Matter of Opinion"), it's based on a nifty idea IMO. I'll post it if it plays well.

I don't think there's anyone on the boards that lives in Manchester UK and plays at the Nag's Head pub, but in case you are, skip the rest of the post or face certain doom.

Ok... the plot of "Matter of Opinion" revolves around an artefact which was forged in Limbo and does... uhm, nothing and everything. The Focus is made of chaos-stuff and it can take any shape and any power, depending on what the people around it believe it should do. This is wacky by itself, but Ssendam the Slaad Lord has nothing better to do than going around in disguise and telling people what this thingy does. And to everyone he says a different thing. So we have the githzerai, Shemeshka, the Xaositects, the Anarchists, the Guvners and the Harmonium, all convinced that the artefact is exactly what they need. And the bloody thing actually starts doing what they think it should do as soon as they get close, and stops doing it when the confused PCs drive them away. Xaos ensues. And then Ssendam wants his toy back. The adventure title naturally refers to the Focus itself.

I'll judge the quality of this idea by the number of players I can drive insane.

Zappo

Explorer
A new PDF has been posted, without the watermark, courtesy of Phosphorous. :)

As for updates, I have my last exam on the 2 of june, at which point I should also have completed Matter of Opinion. Then, work on the Abyssal Campaign is going to resume.

Remove ads