• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The apocalypse on 2012?

Tewligan

First Post
megamania said:
A Painting in the 1600's of JC in a triangular crafted flying machine with flames coming from the backside
Just to clarify this sentence, the flames are coming from the backside of the machine and not Jesus, right?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Merkuri said:
Y2K! :p

(Note, I'm just being silly, not really meaning to put forth a valid argument. Please do not flame. ;))
I'm not sure why not - iirc some early tests to trick systems into thinking the rollover had happened resulted in issues that, while maybe not apocalyptic, would have put a serious crimp in people's days. The code changes were made and the rollover went smoothly.

Rackhir

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
I'm not sure why not - iirc some early tests to trick systems into thinking the rollover had happened resulted in issues that, while maybe not apocalyptic, would have put a serious crimp in people's days. The code changes were made and the rollover went smoothly.

Well I said "Predicted" when I should have said "prophicised". Y2k was predicted, but didn't show up in any Notradamus quatrains or Edgar Cayce's predictions. Even Jean Dixion didn't see that problem coming.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
megamania said:
A Painting in the 1600's of JC in a triangular crafted flying machine with flames coming from the backside
This would be some 600 years after the Chinese had invented fireworks, including crude rockets, 300 years or more since knowledge of those inventions came to Europe and 100 since the time of Wan Hu, the Chinese official who legendarily tried to launch himself into space with a firework powered rocket chair. So there's nothing particularly mind blowing about a painter of that era envisioning a person being flown through the air with flames.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Rackhir said:
Well I said "Predicted" when I should have said "prophicised". Y2k was predicted, but didn't show up in any Notradamus quatrains or Edgar Cayce's predictions. Even Jean Dixion didn't see that problem coming.
Ah, an important distinction. In that case, all I got is the destruction of the Sandleford Warren - oh wait, that's a novel.... ;)

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
didn't he give a diagnosis and advice for someone who had died by the time he got the letter? :p

Among other things. For hits, I'm thinking maybe the Bimini Road and the supposed Atlantean records chamber under the right forepaw of the Sphinx (where, apparently, open spaces have been detected, though odds are that they're natural).

But, yeah, his batting average was pretty low.

Brad

Rackhir

Explorer
cignus_pfaccari said:
Among other things. For hits, I'm thinking maybe the Bimini Road and the supposed Atlantean records chamber under the right forepaw of the Sphinx (where, apparently, open spaces have been detected, though odds are that they're natural).

But, yeah, his batting average was pretty low.

Brad

"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

-Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Michael Morris

First Post
Dire Bare said:
What I'm wondering is, after 2012 passes and we're all okay (other than the slightly increased global temperatures causing rising sea levels, increased desertification and other environmental ills), when's the next apocalypse?

I always like a good apocalypse to look forward too.
January 19th 2038. At that point unix timestamps can no longer be stored with a 32 bit integer. PHP currently doesn't handle 64 bit integers well, and post times are stored using unix timestamps - so on January 19th 2038 the clock stops if I don't have the upgrade done by then.

Ahem, it will be done quite a bit sooner than then though :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads