• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The apocalypse on 2012?

Rackhir

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Source of the Cosmogenesis Story
In conclusion, Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 is a prelude to a major breakthrough in understanding our origins. The fulfillment of that breakthrough will be a shift in modern paradigms of uncomparable magnitude that will modify the educational dogma of modern science. When fully comprehended, we will realize that our declaration of "superstitious illiterates" is a direct reflection of our incapacity to comprehend what is before our own faces.

Whoa. That would be absolutely terrific if it came to pass.

I'm holding out for the synergizing of the actualization for our leveraged assets.

or

<insert Dilbert Joke Here>

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Frukathka said:
Whoa. That would be absolutely terrific if it came to pass.
I welcome the sterling opportunity for humanity to branch out and make senseless war on organisms of diverse astronomical origin. ;)

People have been predicting the end of the world for a VERY long time. The world doesn't hear them, and if it did a planet is too big to care about a couple pesky species with a collective lifespan equivalent to a few human seconds. Not likely to oblige us I think.

Then again according to certain controversial opinions non-observed actions exist in an indeterminate state until observed by an actor. Ohmygodtheworldisalreadyover!!!@! We're nothing but a propogating wavefront with delusions of grandour, AHHHHH make it stop!@#! :eek:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
HeavenShallBurn said:
I welcome the sterling opportunity for humanity to branch out and make senseless war on organisms of diverse astronomical origin. ;)
The way I read it, it has absolutely nothing to do with war. As a matter of fact I am an anti-war pro-peace person.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Frukathka said:
The way I read it, it has absolutely nothing to do with war. As a matter of fact I am an anti-war pro-peace person.
Didn't intend to mean you weren't. EDIT: I misquoted you it was the other guy who had "the secret alien teachers of the Mayan astronomers will show up"

I was just sarcastically noting that humanity tends not to handle surprises very well, and an unannounced visit from the interstellar neighbors is just a bit startling. In a way likely to provoke a bad reaction.

Last edited:

Rackhir

Explorer
Frukathka said:

How very Neutral of you. What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Rackhir said:
How very Neutral of you. What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?
No; not neutral, not by a long a long shot. I am actaully a very warm and caring person and believe that everyone deserves a second chance regardless of what they have done.

This is more entertaining than the whole 4e crapolla happening.

Predicting the future can be done. Something like the "end of it all" however is more driven by our parania / obssession with death.

Strange things seen but has no explanation-

Footprints of a T-Rex and a human side by side in the petrified mud of a river bank

Aboriginal drawings of themselves bowing / trading with a "human" in a visored helmet (not a mask before you go there)

A Painting in the 1600's of JC in a triangular crafted flying machine with flames coming from the backside

It doesn't "say" anything or prove anything but you must still stop, scratch your head and go "WTF".

It's almost like religion.... its more about believing in something that has no substance or proof but is of a reality of it self.

'nuff said. This will become yet another thread of flame wars which we have an entire section devoted to already.

Remove ads