• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Battles of Syrael!!

jkason

First Post
Rhun said:
It surely does, he just has to activate a rounds use of his Freedom of Movement. which I believe is a free action, though I haven't checked. This particular ability makes Travel quite a potent (and often overlooked) domain.

Looks like he doesn't have to take any action at all. From the SRD:

This effect occurs automatically as soon as it applies, lasts until it runs out or is no longer needed, and can operate multiple times per day (up to the total daily limit of rounds).

Rhun

First Post
jkason said:
Looks like he doesn't have to take any action at all. From the SRD:

This effect occurs automatically as soon as it applies, lasts until it runs out or is no longer needed, and can operate multiple times per day (up to the total daily limit of rounds).

Even better. :D That'll teach those stupid spiders!

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]lol. Post up IC!

And you are right Al, i forgot the inspire confidence.

*editing*

anyone want to change their actions based on the IC?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Seeing as how there's a new enemy, Luhal will cast entangle on it, with the radius set up so that the area of effect begins one square away from the PC closest to the 2nd spider. He'll be casting defensively so he doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity - this requires a DC 16 check, but with his Concentration at 11, I've got a good chance of making it.

The fun thing about Entangle is that you have to make a Strength DC 20 check just to be able to move at half-speed. -2 to attack, -4 to Dex(so -2 to AC), and even if you can move there's no running, no charging. Even better, even if you break free one round you have to make the same check again next round or you can't move again.

Carper will continue to attack the first spider, as will Luhal until it dies.

I suggest that everyone stand back and take out the second spider with missile weapons unless it gets to the edge of the entangled area - Luhal and Carper will take point (ie, wait at the edge of the spell) since their missile weapons suck and they have the strength spell up.

By the way, are the tiny spiders a threat?

-Albert

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]yes, treat the spiders as swarms.

currently the swarm occupies the four squares immediatly next to the webbed trees they emerged from.[/sblock]

Last edited:

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]lol, conveinent that she is right next to one. Not so conveinent that she is totally caught in the web.

But, I have to go to work now. Tommorrow im going to try really hard to find a computer with excel (my college that I usually go to is closed down for a short break) so I can show you guys exactly what the situation is. I hope everyone gets a chance to log in and review what has happened![/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads