The Battles of Syrael!!

penance

First Post
Last edited:

penance

First Post
Zombie Battle!!!!

Here we go, the first battle in our story. Just remember- there are no such things as 'easy encounters'!!!!!

This is the initiative order:

Iando Ballo:9
Ostu Redwhen:22
Luhal:17
Helcar:12 (hec, you are before 'drake b/c you had a higher natural roll.)
Weel Naxel:1 (nice.....)
Silverdrake:12
Alexcia:7 (also nice)

Enhanced Zombies: 11

That makes this the turn order:
1. Ostu Redwhen
2. Luhal
3. Helcar
4. Silverdrake
5. Zombos
6. Iando
7. Alexcia
8. Weel

penance

First Post
Now we go to fighting.

Ostu, you're up: you move foward and stab zomb1.

Attack roll

A 13 for the first hit (lucky I guess) with no hit. 17 for the second hit, which lands, doing 3 damage. damage reduction means no damage.

"As soon as you blade touches the creature, you see a green flash and your sword rebounds from the thing as though it was made of rubber. Confused, you redouble your efforts and land a series of serious blows. What would have severed limbs or eviscerated the hulk do very little damage through the magic."

penance

First Post
alright, lets see if Luhal has better luck.

attacks here

wow, critical threat. Let me confirm.
Yup, critical, very nice. And that even was without the attack bonus from greater fang. If i remember, biting damage is 19-20/x2, so I'll go on that till corrected. As Al brings to my attention, you cant crit a zombie. And so, ill just make damage 6. with reduction, that makes 3.

"Carper, without the slightest bit of fear, leaps upon the zombie. However, the evil energy makes his attacks much less effective."

Last edited:

penance

First Post
Now we're up for Helcar.

attack here.

Add +2 to hit and damage (for charging, add both, right?) and you get a hit (alllllmost a crit) and 14 damage. Add in the damres and you get 11 damage. Nice work hec, now watch out for the -2 ac. :D

"Heclar spears the creature with all his might. The green energy resists for a second, but abruptly he peirces through, causing massive damage to the creatures chest."

[sblock]
Now, obviously I don't know what kind of damage resistance these zombies have, but normal zombies have 5/slashing. The Bite attack is considered to be piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing all at once (if I'm reading the RAW correctly). So Carper's attack would ignore the normal zombie DR.

In addition, Greater Magic Fang is a magic enhancement spell, so I'm pretty sure Carper ought to ignore any DR that is X/magic. Damage resistance that's X/- or X/Epic still works against, him, of course.

Unfortunately, the RAW also say that undead normally aren't subject to critical hits. If these aren't normal zombies and are subject to criticals, we're going to take note of that IC.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

penance

First Post
[sblock] oh. i didnt know that normal zombies have damage reduction. *shrugs* these guys have (something)/-

by the way, good idea to post other stuff in sblocks. all talking in sblocks, all rolling normal that is how this will work.
:D [/sblock]

[sblock=edit] Ah, such is true, no crits for you. Sad. editing post.[/sblock]

Last edited:

penance

First Post
'Drake is up, let see how he does.

attack here

nice work, 28 is a hit, 9 damage means zombie takes 6 more. *edit yeah, yeah. +2 damage for being undead. That means 11 damage, so 8 to the zombie. The hand ax attack is as follows: 21, for a hit. the damage is{url=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=671885]5[/url]+2 = 7, with damage red=4 dmg to zombie. Total dmg =12.

"The magic of Silverdrakes' warhammer and the foul protection of the zombie clash with each other, much like two swordsmen dueling. In the end, it was a draw, but that didn't help the zombie that is now missing an arm."

Last edited:

penance

First Post
the Zombies are up, heres the results:

zombie #1 attacks Ostu, hits, and misses.
Zombie #2 attacks 'Drake. (ties with his AC) and does 8 dmg
[sblock=ruling] Im going to say that attackers win ties from now on[/sblock]
zombie #3 attacks Carper, hits him with a terrible slam. deals 10 dmg
zombie #4 also attacks carper, but misses.

"The zombies recoil from the attacks only for a split second before attacking. But these creatures don't attack like normal zombies; they swing in unison."

Last edited:

Remove ads