• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Battles of Syrael!!

penance

First Post
george-spider tries to bite heclar, but misses terribly as one of its legs collapse, leaving it open for an AoO from everyone within range.

Heclar and Carper hit, while Luhal does not.

damage: 16 and 7: George spider dies.

penance

First Post
Luhal casts Entangle with a center point 15 feet behind the spider. the spider fails his reflex save and is entangled.

[sblock=ooc]Where do you want luhal and carper to move to, al?[/sblock]

Last edited:

To right outside the entangled area, still on the trail. I'll try to get Draethan to move out of the way.

I figure Spider #2 can't bull-rush us, since he's got the trees hindering him. As long as we're there, he's going to have a hard time leaving that area, and everyone else can use ranged attacks against him.

Next round I'll get out a sling, I think.

-Albert

penance

First Post
Heclar moves to behind Draethan.

[sblock=ooc]
And Al, you want carper at F6 and luhal at G6?

that makes this the current map:
[/sblock]

Attachments

• spider war!#5.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

penance

First Post
Draethan jumps away from the new threat, dropping the glow rod where he was and launching an arrow midflight. Once he lands, he shoots a multishotted 2 arrows at the creature. However, the arrows are mostly ignored by the beastly spider. (12 dmg)

penance

First Post
The spider swarm pours onto Silverdrake, Alexcia and Weel. Each get an AoO. all three hit the swarm. 8, 3, 0 dealt respectivly. And yes, my math is odd. I run spider swarms a little differently than the book says.

damage dealt by swarm to Drake, Alexcia, and Weel, respectivly: 1,6,1.

they all take a fort save and pass.

Last edited:

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Jkason, What do you want Weel to do? this is the map:[/sblock]

Attachments

• spider war!#5b.xls
    15.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, roguish human cleric

Weel, openly disturbed by the swarm, rushes back the way he came. He regains his composure once out of the way, however. Seeing the first spider's fallen, he gestures to the second, and the glowing quarterstaff streaks through the air to begin pummeling the newest opponent.

[sblock=OOC]Move action to redirect Spiritual Weapon, Move action to retreat to H8. I assume that's webbed, too, so this'll be my second round taking advantage of FoM.[/sblock]

[sblock=alternate action]The swarm acts before Weel. If it's moved off of him by the time his initiative happens, he'll still redirect the weapon, but will use his 2nd move action to try getting himself in position to flank the second spider.[/sblock]

Remove ads