The Battles of Syrael!!

Rhun

First Post
Al the Absentminded said:
If this were a table-top, I'd suggest a +2 for 'favorable circumstances' if he moves at half speed.

Always a good rule to live by!

Al the Absentminded said:
Since it's online, I'll suggest a spot check to be able to move cautiously. Make it and you get a +1 bonus, make it by 5-9 you get a +2, make it by 10-14 you get a +3, and so on.

I'd say DC at 5-10, maybe as high as 15 if the webs are difficult to notice.

This kind of thing always works well, too, if you don't mind the additional math. But really, I'm a H-U-G-E fan of Rule 0. It is always the GMs call on how to handle it. Don't worry about getting something wrong...we are here to have fun. I don't like to get too caught up in mechanics.

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]True; im catching the hang of this blasted pbp. :p you might want to check the ooc thread to see how I plan on changing this battle thread.[/sblock]

by way of announcment, I would like all future posts to have OOC talk sblocked, so that other people can read this and maybe understand. :D

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, roguish human cleric

Hoping he's safe for the moment, and knowing he'll be of far less help if he falls victim to spider venom, Weel reaches into his haversack, pulling out a small vial. He pulls the stopper out with his teeth and gulps down the antitoxin.

[sblock=OOC]Spiritual weapon will continue to attack the big spider unless it somehow dies before that. Meanwhile, a move action to retrieve the antitoxin, and a standard action to drink it. Weel's Fort saves vs. poison are increased by 5 for the next hour (total +10 while the antitoxin is in effect)[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Silverdrake continues to close on the second spider, hammer and axe at the ready.

[sblock=OOC]
Move to D4 and attack.
[/sblock]

Lot

First Post
Ostu, finally free of the web, sees that the large spider is surrounded by sticky webbing on all sides. Grabbing his new bow, he searches frantically for his quiver to take a shot.

[sblock=OOC]I forgot to mention that Ostu was buying 20 arrows as well. Most likely, he would have demanded them for free after being ripped off by the elven merchant. I meant to include that in his accepting the deal, but I forgot.

1) If you decide he would have gotten arrows, Ostu will move to 8-H and fire at the giant spider.

2) If you decide that Ostu foolishly overlooked the buying of ammunition, Ostu will move to 8-D, tempt fate by trying to keep from being webbed, and attack the spider with longsword and shortsword.

P.S. Sorry about forgetting to update the character sheet. I'll take care of that tonight when I get home.[/sblock]

Remove ads