The Battles of Syrael!!

jkason

First Post
Change of plan

sorry. I was posting my move when you posted the swarm's. Hold on a sec while I post an alternate. I'll edit this post with the new action.

EDIT: Okay. I was debating whether I could "wash off" the swarm with the 12 gallons of water Weel's Create Water can make, but I'll save that for another time and have him just move to N3, instead. Still redirecting Spiritual weapon to the big critter.

Last edited:

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
jkason said:
Weel, openly disturbed by the swarm, rushes back the way he came. He regains his composure once out of the way, however. Seeing the first spider's fallen, he gestures to the second, and the glowing quarterstaff streaks through the air to begin pummeling the newest opponent.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Move action to redirect Spiritual Weapon, Move action to retreat to N3 I assume that's webbed, too, so this'll be my second round taking advantage of FoM.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]

Ok, Weel's turn:

Weel, openly disturbed by the swarm, rushes back the way he came. He regains his composure once out of the way, however. Seeing the first spider's fallen, he gestures to the second, and the glowing quarterstaff streaks through the air to begin pummeling the newest opponent.
[sblock=ooc]
Spot check to see the web (even reduced) fails with a 12, so you do need that FoM. [/sblock] The staffs attack fails.

Last edited:

penance

First Post
Spider#2's turn, he attempts to move but cannot, having failed the str check.
[sblock=ooc]
For now Im going to stop here; ill log back on at 1:30pm or so (central) and do another round. I'll post the next IC tomorrow and then hopefully finish this combat/loot the day after that.

Thanks for your patience! Im going to have to dig around the net/arms and armor books to find some suitable rewards...... :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]hrm.... Drake, do you want to charge into the entangeld area? Im assuming not.... *shrugs*

perhaps move to D4 and attack?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
penance said:
hrm.... Drake, do you want to charge into the entangeld area? Im assuming not.... *shrugs*

perhaps move to D4 and attack?

Yes, 'drake will stay out of the entangled area. Moving (cautiously, to avoid more webs) to D4 and attacking sounds good.

penance

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Rhun said:
Yes, 'drake will stay out of the entangled area. Moving (cautiously, to avoid more webs) to D4 and attacking sounds good.

How would i suport 'moving cautiously?' lower DC? i can't find any specific ruling on it. I mean, your character prolly knows the webs are there.... But i suppose you still couldnt see them very well. *shrugs*

any thoughts?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Heclar Kal'lack

Taking placing his weapon on the ground next to him he with draws his bow and take aim at the captured spider.

OOC: Move Action to with draw his bow and standard action for one shot. Plus a 5' step to G8 for a clean shot.

penance said:
How would i suport 'moving cautiously?' lower DC? i can't find any specific ruling on it. I mean, your character prolly knows the webs are there.... But i suppose you still couldnt see them very well. *shrugs*

any thoughts?

If this were a table-top, I'd suggest a +2 for 'favorable circumstances' if he moves at half speed.

Since it's online, I'll suggest a spot check to be able to move cautiously. Make it and you get a +1 bonus, make it by 5-9 you get a +2, make it by 10-14 you get a +3, and so on.

I'd say DC at 5-10, maybe as high as 15 if the webs are difficult to notice.

-Albert

Remove ads