The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
A third head pops up, it shouts, "I guess you'll find out if you go in the Wyrwood, won't you? It's nothing to us." The second head speaks again, "Yeah, good riddance to you too, stinky!" With that, all three heads disappear into the water with high-pitched giggles. Somehow, they're not as cute as they were before.

Heckler

First Post
Rinya continues speaking loudly enough that the nixies can (hopefully) hear her, "Well, I guess we don't really have a choice, then. We'll just move on in the morning. Of course, we can't Stinky with us. She'll be more trouble than she's worth. Besides, she'll probably die if we take her too far from the water. I guess we'll just let her go here, there's plenty of water and she'll have lots of friends to take care of her. I imagine she'll be so happy to see her friends when she wakes up."

ooc: Changing tactics from "Help us AND we'll release the prisoner" to "Help us OR we'll release the prisoner." :lol:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
There's some activity in the water, and then: "Uh... Look, we'd rather you took her with you. If we talk, do you swear to take her with you?" A second head emerges and shouts, "Hey, halfy doesn't get it, she's the stinker-" The rest is cut off, as tiny green hands shove the second head back under the dark water. "Swear on your sword, Mr. Big Sword, and we'll talk."

BigB

First Post
Khairi continues watching the spectacle as he is clearly entertained by the discussion and more at ease with the immediate situation.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard, scanning the flanks, is a bit slow to realize he may be the center of attention...
Glancing from Rinya's grin to the small, greenish creatures in the water, he looks at his large, shiny sword and just keeps from shrugging his shoulders.
Holding the bastardsword aloft in a two handed grip, he intones his best imitation of the stage performers he's seen in town-faires, using words he heard some idiot scribe repeating for a steward way back in his adventure in the library...
"I swear by this blade to abide by the agreement so stated by the parties involved."
He bows with as much flourish as he can and stares at a point over the heads of the creatures, using a trick he learned when battle lines are formed...
Never look the enemy in the eye if you don't want them to see your fear... or in this case, the absurdity of these events that threatens to take Richard down in a fit of laughter.

BigB

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
Richard, scanning the flanks, is a bit slow to realize he may be the center of attention...
Glancing from Rinya's grin to the small, greenish creatures in the water, he looks at his large, shiny sword and just keeps from shrugging his shoulders.
Holding the bastardsword aloft in a two handed grip, he intones his best imitation of the stage performers he's seen in town-faires, using words he heard some idiot scribe repeating for a steward way back in his adventure in the library...
"I swear by this blade to abide by the agreement so stated by the parties involved."
He bows with as much flourish as he can and stares at a point over the heads of the creatures, using a trick he learned when battle lines are formed...
Never look the enemy in the eye if you don't want them to see your fear... or in this case, the absurdity of these events that threatens to take Richard down in a fit of laughter.

Hearing Richards vow Khairi turns to face him grinning and barely holding back outright laughter he teases Richard a bit You are so brave Mr Big Sword!

Richard Rawen

First Post
BigB said:
Hearing Richards vow Khairi turns to face him grinning and barely holding back outright laughter he teases Richard a bit You are so brave Mr Big Sword!

"I..." Richard begins... and falters. Somehow he had to keep his focus.
"I appreciate your saying that." Straight faced. Solid voiced. Staring over the young man's head. He turned back to look out over the water, deliberatly avoiding Rinyas' gaze, for if she so much as grinned at him he would be done for...

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The heads disappear, and very soon three small green sprites rise from the shallow riverbed. They do not venture onto land as before. The new lead spokesperson does the talking. "This 'object of great importance' we know nothing about. I can't help you with that. This 'master', though... The girl you have in your arms went into the Wyrwood a few weeks ago. When she returned, she was changed. She was stronger, aye, and more eloquent with her words, but she acted strangely, too. She told us of this 'master', how he granted her these powers, and how he would grant us similar boons if we helped him. Not served him, mind you, just helped. It sounded like an alright deal, just dissuade travelers from entering the wood, using a little charm if necessary, not much more than we normally do. But she took it too far this time. We had no idea just how fervent she was for this 'master' of hers."

"Look, the Wyrwood is days away from here. We go there from time to time, to visit the wyrwood dryads, but mostly we stay here, in our river stretch. Whatever 'master' she found, he's not that awesome, or else he wouldn't have sent a little nixie to do his dirty work. Sorry about the confrontation, we never should have gotten involved. I'm afraid we didn't ask her too many questions. If you want details, good luck getting them out of her."

Remove ads