• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Lucien's Round 4 action was already posted here. and has already resolved. The critical in this post will take place in Round 5.

Khairi's Round 4 action is to move to J1 and attack the gnome. Since BigB didn't roll, I rolled for him.

Round 4: Cont'd

Rinya cuts at the satyr ineffectually.

Khairi moves to Richard's side and attacks with his scimitar, also missing.

Tumna pulls out her ranged weapon and prepares to fire if an opening occurs. (Tumna's OP-67 grease has 1 round left.) Her grease continues to do its work, as the same satyr (S2) slips and falls. (Tumna's MN-78 grease has 2 rounds left.) The other satyr remains standing

Richard's powerful swing slices an entire tentacle off of the creature. It flies through the air before sticking to the spongy wall with a wet slap, but before it even stops twitching, a replacement is already growing in its place.

Thallirae's coup de grace merely prolongs the inevitable.

The still standing satyr (S1) again attacks Rinya. His horns and dagger slice fail to find purchase on Rinya's dexterous form.

The fallen satyr tries to get up, but his flat hooves slip and slide along the greasy roots, and he stays on the ground.

Saithnar is up!

Initiative:
Lucien Rayes , Damage Sustained: 5
Tentacle Gnome , Damage Sustained: 23
Rinya Starflower , Damage Sustained: 5
Khairi Bahedar
Tumna Lakeside
Richard Rawen
Thallirae
Satyr 1 , Damage Sustained: 20
Satyr 2 , Damage Sustained: 0
Satyr 3 , Damage Sustained: 57
Saithnar
Coir
Nhairi

Attachments

• roots-first_chamber.jpg
    roots-first_chamber.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
In case you missed it, it's Saithnar's turn.

OOG: So I'm leaving the country for about 2 months, starting on Tuesday. I'll be going to Japan, where I'll be touring/working. The first couple of weeks I will most likely be absent from the boards. I won't be able to resist logging in a couple of times, but I anticipate being way too busy to spend significant amounts of time on LEW.

Once I get settled in, I hope to return to a more normal schedule. I'll keep you posted.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar- M Elan Psion(Telepath) 3 (AC:15, HP:16/16, PP:7/17)

OOC: Shouldn't Saithnar be over at square K7 per his move last round? Your current map doesn't show that he moved.

Saithnar takes a 5' step (to L8) and aims his outstretched hand at the Satyr fighting against Rinya. He launches another augmented ray of flame at the creature.

Augmented Energy Ray (Fire) at S1 (-4 to hit due to being in melee with Rinya vs. Touch AC) (1d20+2-4=11, 2d6+2=11) Spent 2 PP again.

2nd OOC: Have a good trip and a good time, Rae. We'll look forward to you being active and playing when you're available.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Saithnar's ray of fire pierces the body of the satyr, creating a sizable hole. (11 nonlethal damage to S1) The satyr simply ignores the wound and continues fighting.

Coir and Nhairi are beginning to look concerned. Brother Coir has crouched and is moved into the silenced area, his eyes closed in concentration, his fingers on the ground. Nhairi continues to call out.

Round 4 5

Lucien attacks the tentacle'd creature with his two weapons. The creature swerves and dodges the mace, but it swerves right into the axe. (13 nonlethal damage to 'Tentacles') The thing suddenly goes limp, its flying tentacles dropping to the ground with four sloppy smacks.

But then, it immediately returns to life as Lucien's axe wound heals up. As it recovers, it twitches oddly, allowing Lucien, Richard, and Khairi an opportunity to strike it freely. (Creature is getting up from prone and provokes an AoO.)

Rinya...

Khairi again strikes at the wriggling tentacle'd creature. Both of his swings connect, but the creature continues to squirm. (8+6 = 14 nonlethal damage to 'Tentacles')

Tumna...

Richard... (don't forget to make your AoO as well)

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien swings his mace down on on the twitching creature, but it manages to flop out of the way of the blow.

ooc: AoO on "Tentacles" = 7.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I'd forgotten, but 'Tentacles' is immune to crits. It's already been resolved, so let's just truck on. But for future crits, they're automatic hits, but no extra damage.

Also forgot the initiative/stat block and the map!

Initiative:
Lucien Rayes , Damage Sustained: 5 (3 con, 1 str dmg)
Tentacle Gnome , Damage Sustained: 50
Rinya Starflower , Damage Sustained: 5
Khairi Bahedar
Tumna Lakeside
Richard Rawen
Thallirae
Satyr 1 , Damage Sustained: 31
Satyr 2 , Damage Sustained: 0
Satyr 3 , Damage Sustained: 57
Saithnar
Coir
Nhairi

Attachments

• roots-first_chamber.jpg
    roots-first_chamber.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard watches the slimy beast drop and almost chokes on his sigh of relief as the damnable critter begins to right itself! Swinging purely on this frustration his blade is nowhere close and he grunts at the ineffectiveness ...
Recovering his focus, the fighter jabs and then swings in a fierce arc, slashing into it's rubbery hide again...

[sblock=rolls]First attack 9, damage 6, second attack 21, damage 12! rolls[/sblock]
OOC sorry for delay in posting, simply overwhelmed with real-life and the first time I didn't get a working link I pretty much gave up for a week... :(

Remove ads