• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Blind Watchers of the Sylvan Shard

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry I haven't been very active lately. In my defense, I'm having an awesome time!

But back to the game: I'm waiting for you all!

There are a couple of constantly regenerating satyrs on the ground whom Thallirae is easily keeping in check with quick rapier stabs to the heart. One is fled, and his powerful legs carry him bounding through the winding tunnels faster than you could hope to follow without the aid of magic.

More concerning is the "gnome" creature, who is looking less and less like a gnome as more pieces of its prone form are cut and sliced off, and then immediately regrown in ever more bizarre shapes, colors and textures. If this thing is left alone for too long, it'll be back up and slapping with its tentacles before a few moments.

A plan of action is needed, and the two Wyrwood brothers are certainly in no state to offer one.

BigB

First Post
Khairi helps to keep the gnome down by continually slashing with his scimitar as Richard attempts to sever the head from the body.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard nods thanks to Khairi for the aid... and seems more than a little upset that the thing won't DIE!... He has taken to stabbing it repeatedly where the heart should be... he doesn't want to touch it, yet...
"Perhaps we could set it afire, *stab*
using some of that brush...
*slash*
growth... stuff? I know that
*stab*
we need to beware smoke in this place,
*hack*
yet unless someone has some acid or magic to kill it,
*stab*
I fear we'll wear out our swords and arms before this
*Slash!*
damnable
*Hack!* Beast *Slash* Dies!"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Richard's diatribe does little to stem the stunning regrowth of the tentacle'd creature's body, and his sword does little more. With no small effort, he and Khairi eventually manage to saw the head off. Instead of another face with humanoid features growing in its place, the dark, tough fungus-like skin simply covers the neck, and a bulbous, shapeless lump begins to bubble out grotesquely.

As Richard hacks and slashes away at the suspected "vital areas", not even a single spurt of blood emerges. The clean cuts from the sharp sword actually seem to allow the thing to regrow into more convenient shapes, which might even be the precursors of new tentacles. Regardless of the exterior, the innards of the creature are entirely solid; no veins or identifiable organs are evident.

Now, more than ever, it becomes clear that this thing is not even remotely humanoid. Perhaps it once was, but whatever it was, it is no longer.

The magical silence remains, and Nhairi and Coir look rather horrified. Nhairi is shouting down the entrance tunnel, maybe for help. Coir continues his slow journey into the room.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna motions for everyone to back out of the magical silence so they can try to hatch a plan. He also tries to convey to Richard and Khairi to drag the regrowing thing along so they can keep stabbing it.
"Maybe acid works on the thing," she says when everyone is finally able to hear each other. "Which way are we going to continue? After the one who fled?"

Richard Rawen

First Post
Watching the various 'pods' growing on the ... thing, Richard finally sheathes his favored Bastardsword and draws out his heavy mace.
The fighter motions for Khairi to pull the beast where Tumna indicated and he begins to methodically beat the beast with solid, heavy blows.
"Tell me..." Whack!
"before you..." splat
"go usin'..." Bap!
"acid on it..." splorch
The workout Richard is getting has brought a sheen of sweat to his brow yet he refuses to let the ... thing... have any respite from his attacks. If Richard sees that his bludgeoning attacks are not effective he'll switch weapons back again, slashing away until someone comes up with a better plan.

BigB

First Post
Khairi looks at the .......gnome.....??????? He reluctantly grabs ahold of it, hoping it is not contagious and not wanting to stain his armor, he begins dragging it toward the others.

Heckler

First Post
"WHY...WON'T...YOU...DIE?!," Rinya yells at the fallen satyrs, as she alternates between hitting the two of them to make sure they stay down.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for my absence, I had an unexpected stay in the hospital, followed by some recuperation time without internet access. I'm fine now, and should be back to something like my normal posting.

I had some trouble posting earlier, though. Is the site slow, or is it me?[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for my absence, I had an unexpected stay in the hospital, followed by some recuperation time without internet access. I'm fine now, and should be back to something like my normal posting.

I had some trouble posting earlier, though. Is the site slow, or is it me?[/sblock]
[sblock=Heckler!]Welcome Back! I missed ya!
So glad to hear all is well, sorry to hear about your illness =( Tis one of the hazzards of the 'net, no way to tell what happens to good folk when they just... go quiet.
Anyways, very glad you are back. As you saw at the top of the screen there is a server issue, though I don't know what exactly. I've had numerous drops and login issues, so I guess we just grin'n'bearit... =-]
Hopes and Prayer that you are fully recovered and have no lingering troubles,
M < > < aka Richard and others[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar moves out of the field of silence to speak with the others. "I have nothing of acid to try and stop this regeneration, but I could try fire on this other creature though it did not work on the Satyr." Saithnar points his finger at the formerly gnome shaped creature and emits an line of fiery energy to burn it and see if that stops it's regeneration in that spot at least.

Remove ads