• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Coldlands War [Full, Now Accepting Alternates]

Komodo

First Post
I'd be completely willing to come in as an alternate. I know from experience that people who express an interest in playing don't always come through, so I feel that my chances of getting in are pretty good. I'll keep away from psion for now, because I'm always a caster, but if I could get the Technology Ruleset, I think the Technologist looks interesting. Hopefully I can post a character by this weekend, if not sooner.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Argent Silvermage said:
I posted Tyliss to the Rogues thread. He just needs some tweeking but he's basicly done.

The only thing I noticed was that you didn't apply your racial modifier to Charisma; it should be 6, not 8.

Also... did you use the LA version of the tiefling, or did you treat it as a one-level class? I'm fine with it either way, just trying to figure out what you were doing. If you used it as a one-level class, your saves should be higher, as well, I think (unless tieflings don't have any good saves).

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Well, I was going to make a big post on geography, but I decided instead to make a rough map in paint. I made this in about 10 minutes, so it is really rough, but I think you'll get the general idea.

And yes, those brown lines crossing the coldlands are indeed railroads. :)

Each of the named circular areas is a city; the major ones in the Coldlands are Barag, Nitzath, and Cwolyn; the capital is Mechanicus.

More information on the cities will be up soon.

Attachments

• coldlands_rough_map2.bmp
    183.3 KB · Views: 100

Argent Silvermage

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
The only thing I noticed was that you didn't apply your racial modifier to Charisma; it should be 6, not 8.
Doh! Will change that asap. Dropped his Per to 9 to ballance.

GnomeWorks said:
Also... did you use the LA version of the tiefling, or did you treat it as a one-level class? I'm fine with it either way, just trying to figure out what you were doing. If you used it as a one-level class, your saves should be higher, as well, I think (unless tieflings don't have any good saves).
Fort is the Good save. It seems they trade saves for thier resistances. kind of makes sense. BTW.. LA version? sorry no "Valley" Tieflings here.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Argent Silvermage said:
Fort is the Good save. It seems they trade saves for thier resistances. kind of makes sense. BTW.. LA version? sorry no "Valley" Tieflings here.

Did you mean that as a joke...? :confused: By LA I meant an one with an ECL.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Argent Silvermage said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes. La= Los Angeles. Valley as in Valley girl. (It's an 80's thing. Goddess I'm old.) :eek:

Oh no, I understood that. Like, ohmygod, gag me with a spoon. :) :lol:

I was just trying to clarify if you were saying that it was the LA version or the class version of the tiefling that you used.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
Oh no, I understood that. Like, ohmygod, gag me with a spoon. :) :lol:

I was just trying to clarify if you were saying that it was the LA version or the class version of the tiefling that you used.
Class. racial 1st level Tiefling the 2 levels of wizard. I used the information provided in the MM for the basics and added 2 mage levels.

I like all of his "background" skills. he's a sneaky mage that's for sure. but will not in any way be considered a thief.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Argent Silvermage said:
Class. racial 1st level Tiefling the 2 levels of wizard. I used the information provided in the MM for the basics and added 2 mage levels.

Okay then. :)

Also, one more thing that you're missing - PR and TR. You get each equal to 5 + your caster level. In a technologically-focused place like the Coldlands, that will definitely come in handy. ;)

Remove ads