• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Coldlands War [Full, Now Accepting Alternates]

Komodo

First Post
Finally, it's back up! I've got an Artilect fighter that's mostly done. I can have him/it up by tomorrow.

One equipment question, though: Are mechanical bonuses to weapons and armor priced the same as their magical equivalent?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Komodo said:
Finally, it's back up! I've got an Artilect fighter that's mostly done. I can have him/it up by tomorrow.

One equipment question, though: Are mechanical bonuses to weapons and armor priced the same as their magical equivalent?

You're talking about technological items, right?

Yes, they are priced the same; also, for now, it's safe to assume that magical enhancements have technological equivalents (ie, you can have a technological shocking weapon).

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm... a good question.

As I pointed out earlier, the tech information is still in development, and one of the big areas not done is technological items (other than firearms, anyway).

I'd say that you can probably find technological equivalents of most magic items... if you want one, please post a quick blurb on how/why you think the tech equivalent would work (you don't have to get real detailed, but just some ideas), and I'll see if it fits my thoughts on technology.

Bracers of armor... I suppose might work... go ahead with it for now, when I start work on the tech book again (I've been really busy since school started, so I don't know when that will be) I'll see if it fits.

Oh, and the IC thread may be delayed... it will probably be posted sometime tonight, but it might not be up until tomorrow. Saturday at latest.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
IC thread is here.

The opening is rather open-ended, so that if you want to RP meeting the others (this is presumably the first time each of you has met each other), you can; it also gives Ferrix the opportunity to post his character before we get into things.

Ferrix

Explorer
Heheh.. I was just pounding out the finalities of my character to post up.

Question, are firearms an exotic weapon proficiency? And what would be the stats of them, I was planning for my character to use one.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Firearms are actually divided up into a different feat tree than standard weapons.

Basic Firearm Proficiency is equivalent to Simple Weapon Proficiency.
Advanced Firearm Proficiency is equivalent to Martial Weapon Proficiency.
Complex Firearm Proficiency gives you proficiency with templated advanced firearms.

To take Advanced or Complex, you have to have a BAB +1, and be a student (member of a technology class), gunslinger, or fighter.

Code:
[color=white]TABLE F-1: FIREARMS
BASIC FIREARMS
		Cost	Dmg (M)	Crit		Rng Inc	Weight	Type
LIGHT
Sidearm		75 gp	1d8	19-20/x2	25 ft.	2 lb.	P
ONE-HANDED
Grenade Gun	300 gp	--	--		40 ft.	4 lb.	--
  Bomb		15 gp	1d6	--		10 ft.	1 lb.	--
Longarm		250 gp	1d10	19-20/x2	80 ft.	8 lb.	P
TWO-HANDED
Arquebus	50 gp	1d10	x2		50 ft.	15 lb.	P
Musket		500 gp	1d12	19-20/x2	150 ft.	10 lb.	P

ADVANCED FIREARMS
		Cost	Dmg (M)	Crit		Rng Inc	Weight	Type
LIGHT
Pistol		250 gp	1d8	19-20/x3	50 ft.	3 lb.	P
Pistol, Pocket	150 gp	1d6	19-20/x2	10 ft.	1 lb.	P
ONE-HANDED
Carbine		300 gp	1d12	19-20/x3	100 ft.	7 lb.	P
TWO-HANDED
Blunderbuss	200 gp	1d6	--		Special	10 lb.	P
Rifle		600 gp	1d12	19-20/x3	200 ft.	12 lb.	P

AMMUNITION	
		Cost	Weight
Bullets (10)	3 gp	2 lb.[/color]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Ferrix said:
Do classes that start with simple weapons start with basic firearms?

Nope.

Technologists, medics, and inventors start with a small selection of firearm proficiencies (I forget the exact numbers, but I think it's two or three basic firearms and one advanced firearm).

Gunslingers are proficient with all basic and advanced firearms.

All other classes have to take feats.

Ferrix

Explorer
So by taking Basic Firearms it's the same as taking the Simple Weapon proficiency and I receive proficiency in all Basic Firearms or is it more like taking a martial or exotic weapon?

Remove ads