Coldlands War Cast
DemonAtheist as Sevryn Girstilr, Gremlin Rogue3
Krug as Elkus Steeltoe, Halfling Gunslinger3
Argent Silvermage as Tyliss, Tiefling Wizard2
Imerak as Arkamarr, Orc Cleric3
Komodo as Combat04 "Ursus", Artilect Fighter3
Ferrix as Eikasia, Artilect Akashic3

-----

You have all been gathered, in the course of the last week, to a barracks in southern Mechanicus. These barracks have obviously been hastily constructed by various automatons, as they are bare of insulation and decoration, other than three sets of bare metal bunkbeds with rolls of hay set across them - the structures are merely half-cylindrical husks of steel, iron, and other less common metals cobbled together into a vaguely cohesive whole. The one-room building is barely enough room to house the five of you, and your gear has difficulty fitting into the small spaces beneath the beds.

Of course, the leaders that Tristam has put into place over the organization of the military have had quite a job on their hands, and they have not yet paid much attention to the individual. Their recruitment for adventurers was an ad hoc job at best, and you have been assembled into a groups of five in exactly the order that you showed up at Mechanicus - no time has been wasted in attempting to make "balanced" groups.

You were gathered - along with roughly three dozen others that have been labelled "adventurers," with a wide variety of races and occupations present - and told to split yourselves into the various small barracks that have been constructed in the southern quarter of Mechanicus, and that a member of the actual military would be with you shortly to inform you of your objectives.

After you were instructed, you wandered to your barracks, where you now find yourselves. It's been a few minutes, and the officer you were told would come hasn't come yet, though - given the disorganized nature of the military at this point - that probably isn't a surprise.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tyliss

Tyliss looked around the metal igloo and frowned. “Well” He said in a huff. “I hardly think this is sufficient enough for myself let alone the rest of you. I wonder what this militia had in mind?”

The young man tried very hard not to make eye contact with his bunk mates so they would not see his eyes. He rarely looked any in the eye as that was typically what frightened most people about him. His slit pupils had a way of getting him in trouble and that was one thing Tyliss did not want.

Krug

Newshound
Elkus looked at the others. He had never seen such a curious group. He didn't like the orc's smell, or rather, stink, but kept it to himself. One does not live long by insulting orcs.

"Something that pays well, I hope," Elkus replies to Tyliss. He touches his guns reflexively. My pretties...

Ferrix

Explorer
The soft whirr of mechanics precedes the slow deliberate movement of an artilect, with a flat black humanoid appearing form, walking forward into the room. Its dark opaque cranial dome is completely featureless and smooth and the only way you can assume its examining the room is it is shifting to the left, then to the right, each time accompanied by a soft whoosh of air and a click as it stops its motion. It seems to be ticking off the dimensions of the room in assembly to itself quietly, you wander if you are all included in its calculations.

Imerak

First Post
Akamarr grunts and sits down on one of the bunk beds, evaluating it's hardness generously. He'd had worse living conditions. He still didn't like this. Being forced to serve some lord in a war he knew nothing about, and likely had nothing to do with.

He evaluated the group he had been saddled with. A few little people, certainly too concerned with their toys; a few of those machine men; and that strange man.

"I dunno," he finally says, with a shrug. "As long as we get fed, it's good enough for me."

Komodo

First Post
Arriving slightly behind the black Artilect is a second of the machine men. This one is more blocky in design, and much less polished on the steel gray surface. Gears and cogs, wires and pipes are all visible at various points of its body, but its head is build almost elegantly in the shape of a knight's helmet. Behind the helmet a bar of green can be seen. One of the Artilect's great, four-fingered hands clutches an enormous, double-headed axe.

Machinery whirs and gears click as this Artilect surveys the group. "Combat04, designation 'Ursus', reporting," it says in a rough, tinny voice, standing erect and saluting with its empty hand.

Krug

Newshound
Elkus never liked the machinemen types, though he still held them a step above sorcerers. "Name's Elkus, and normally one says hello," he says to 'Ursus'. "Ursus... as in a bear?" he asks.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tyliss Snorts "No you fool. Ursus as in the Pussy cat." He turns from looking at the men before he can catch thier eyes and wanders about the room some more.

"I am Tyliss. I have certain skills that will be of help to us all. What do the rest of you bring to the table?"

Imerak

First Post
Akamarr pauses. Ursus, Elkus, Tyliss... He had never been very good with names. "My name is Akamarr. I am a cleric of Lisylla, the flame. I have certain powers that may become useful...and if you don't have to be specific, neither do I."

DemonAtheist

First Post
Sevryn looks at the others around him, his attention mostly focused on the two artilects. His head jerks, leaning in one direction, and his long, dextrous fingers twitch reflexively at his side. All of a sudden he starts speaking, though it can't be told whether he is talking to the others or to himself.

Well you know how it is with this barracks and all, at least we're going to see some action soon right? Maybe something stealable, sellable, eh? Patch up your wires there, maybe add some shine, we can steal that you know, I can steal that. Shiny guns, eh short one? You're about my height maybe we see you to eye on things like guns eh? Ooh I wonder how it works with that click and that bang! I bet I could steal something to make it click louder, how 'bout that mate? I thnk this is gonta work out great.

He starts mumbling incoherently, though it appears the conversation is still going on in much the same fashion.

OOC:
yeah just read what he's saying quickly like he's some twitchy little gremlin...oh wait ;)

Remove ads