The "complete" list of announced 4e 3pp products

AceWasabi

First Post
Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I'm back to DnD (4e) after about a 20 year hiatus and am having a lot of fun. I like the looks of the Goodman Games stuff but have no personal experience with them so I'd like to see some of your opinions on these products. I realize this is all stuff to be released in the future, but in general what kind of track record does GG have?

Thanks in advance!

Vayden

First Post
Man, come october, we're going to be up to our eyes in variant Barb/Monk/Bards.

I'm not sure I'd count two versions as "up to our eyes in them". :) Still, should be interesting to see the different approaches that Ari and Eytan & Co take. October looks to be an interesting month.

Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I'm back to DnD (4e) after about a 20 year hiatus and am having a lot of fun. I like the looks of the Goodman Games stuff but have no personal experience with them so I'd like to see some of your opinions on these products. I realize this is all stuff to be released in the future, but in general what kind of track record does GG have?

Thanks in advance!

I'm afraid I can't help you that much, as I've never purchased any of their products before. From what I hear on the boards, they have a pretty solid rep - not the golden chorus of fans that Paizo has, but people say nice things about them. Yeah, not that much help, I know. :)

Vayden

First Post
Well, this has been a lot of fun so far, and has definitely achieved my personal goal of broadening my awareness of what's out there. Hopefully people keep submitting stuff and it turns into a decent resource. Here's another way of sorting what we have so far:

New versions of Bard/Barbarian/Druid/Monk/Sorceror:
2.5 (Goodman, Expeditious Retreat (.5 is Mongoose's Quintessential Wizard)

New games/campaign settings - ranging in scope from Kingdoms of Kalamar (3.5 setting reprinted w/ 15 pages of updates added) to Amethyst (new races, new classes, new paragon paths, new equipment, completely different setting, etc):
6 (Dias Ex Machina, Inner Circle, Kenzer & Co, Mongoose, Redbrick Limited, Zodiac Gods)

Adventures:
Everyone and their mother - if WotC was hoping for 3pp's to put out a bunch of adventures to support the game, they got their wish. :)

New Monster Manuals:
1? (Fiery Dragon the only ones putting out a straight-up monster manual? I suppose Necro is planning to push out one of these if the GSL changes are to their liking)

Jack99

Adventurer

Thanks in advance!

They make some of the best adventures in the business. Certainly better than WotC.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Wow. With all this talk about "no 3pp" are supporting 4e, there sure are a lot of things going on.

Of course, not all of these are GSL, but still ... 3pp support for 4e seems to be gathering speed!

/M

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Vayden, this thread is excellent, and exciting.

Though I do wonder if the world is really ready for another wave of Quintessentials.

thundershot

Adventurer
Vayden, this thread is excellent, and exciting.

Though I do wonder if the world is really ready for another wave of Quintessentials.

We'll see. I'm worried about the power creep, if nothing else. Mongoose had a habit of making "must have" feats and weapons and such before because they were so freaking unbalanced. Bastion Press had something similar with some of their books. The first book had better be good, or the whole thing will blow up in their faces.

The only other thing that kept me from being completest on the old Quint books (other than the "hit or miss" quality) is that after a point, they became MONTHLY. My wallet couldn't keep up with 'em.

Chris

Remove ads