The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Oh I thought when you posted that it was 800 it was cause he had someone to fix it.
Nope, unfortunately that's just the standard market price. There's only one Wizard at the Academy who could theoretically do it, but he's the Housemaster of Omega (Cedric Branwen), and he's not really interested.

Erekose13

Explorer
So we'll have to live with it till 15th when T can take it, and if he doesnt want the feat any more after that he can have it rewritten from Zaeryl.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
So we'll have to live with it till 15th when T can take it, and if he doesnt want the feat any more after that he can have it rewritten from Zaeryl.
Aye. Or Lex could grab it when Tenebrynn and Vanitri are 14th (and thus when she is 12th) and then also rewrite it with Zaeryl.

Bront

The man with the probe
Yup.

How many CPs is Vanitri down for all his stuff?
40 CP Bracelet Repair
80 CP Weapon repair
900 CP Armor Enchantment
600 CP Rapier Enchantment
1200 CP Bracelets enhancemetn
----------
2820 CP

That right?

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Aye. Or Lex could grab it when Tenebrynn and Vanitri are 14th (and thus when she is 12th) and then also rewrite it with Zaeryl.
Let me get to 11th first... :]

I've got the same problem with the ring of Sustinance, but he'll probably hold on to it till he needs it and not use it usually.

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
It looks like the thing I'm shortest on is gp. I can afford about 3000gp to spare on research. I can afford up to 600XP and tons of CP. How much does that help?
Regardless of finances, Ashnar should be able to research the first two spells just fine, 5000 gold and 500 craft for her. They can share the Augmentation and Pyromagical Enhancement research, which should cost 2000 gold and 200 craft for each.

And I thought you knew that Illusion is one of Ashnar's barred schools - she can't help with the illusionary entertainers in any way. Pyrotechnics would be different, but since we're indoors...

Velmont

First Post
Ice Storm have two advantage that come rarely into action.

1. It has half his damage that is not energy, so it cannot be warded with energy resistance.
2. No reflex save, so you can use it against monk and rogue for full damage.

I've seen it once to be used against a Fire Giant Monk. :D But I must confess I doubt I'll will see that again.

So, 1021.5gp to Rinaldo. Perfect.

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
And I thought you knew that Illusion is one of Ashnar's barred schools - she can't help with the illusionary entertainers in any way. Pyrotechnics would be different, but since we're indoors...

Opale will e happy to help. She is an illusnist after all.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Ice Storm have two advantage that come rarely into action.

1. It has half his damage that is not energy, so it cannot be warded with energy resistance.
2. No reflex save, so you can use it against monk and rogue for full damage.

I've seen it once to be used against a Fire Giant Monk. :D But I must confess I doubt I'll will see that again.

So, 1021.5gp to Rinaldo. Perfect.
It is occasionally useful, but that doesn't make it worth a spell slot. The damage is rather depressing too. That said, since scrolls make your DC and caster level suck, Ice Storm, which has no DC or CL dependent factors, is pretty much the only Evocation spell you can put on a scroll without it being unusable, so there is that.

Remove ads