The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
It is occasionally useful, but that doesn't make it worth a spell slot. The damage is rather depressing too. That said, since scrolls make your DC and caster level suck, Ice Storm, which has no DC or CL dependent factors, is pretty much the only Evocation spell you can put on a scroll without it being unusable, so there is that.

I agree, but when you are a cleric with the Water and Storm domain, you are stuck with that spell for your level 5 domain spell :\

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
I agree, but when you are a cleric with the Water and Storm domain, you are stuck with that spell for your level 5 domain spell :\
Well, if you have the Water domain, you might worship a sea goddess with the Travel domain, so for 5th level, take Teleport as your domain spell, and then snicker with evil glee when you level up some more because the Water domain gives you a much better damaging spell at level 8--Horrid Wilting.

Erekose13

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Regardless of finances, Ashnar should be able to research the first two spells just fine, 5000 gold and 500 craft for her. They can share the Augmentation and Pyromagical Enhancement research, which should cost 2000 gold and 200 craft for each.

And I thought you knew that Illusion is one of Ashnar's barred schools - she can't help with the illusionary entertainers in any way. Pyrotechnics would be different, but since we're indoors...

Right I forgot that. Ah well, as long as RA is fine with the embellishments that I used no worries. If he had to recruit Opale early too that would work (and he has some questions for her at the party anyways).

Re: costs, I've alotted 4000gp, 400cp, and 400xp (is there an xp cost?) to research. If you only need the 2000, I'll make adjustments.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Right I forgot that. Ah well, as long as RA is fine with the embellishments that I used no worries. If he had to recruit Opale early too that would work (and he has some questions for her at the party anyways).

Re: costs, I've alotted 4000gp, 400cp, and 400xp (is there an xp cost?) to research. If you only need the 2000, I'll make adjustments.
No, no XP cost for research. Just gold and time.

Knight Otu

First Post
As the Eye said, no XP costs.

Since it came up in the party already, the effects of the tower - presumably, break enchantment shold be sufficient for Ashnar's change, correct? What about Rinaldo's curse? Remove Curse, Break Enchantment, Wish, Miracle?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
As the Eye said, no XP costs.

Since it came up in the party already, the effects of the tower - presumably, break enchantment shold be sufficient for Ashnar's change, correct? What about Rinaldo's curse? Remove Curse, Break Enchantment, Wish, Miracle?
I think I may have said that Ashna's effect might be broken by Break Enchantment since I remembered that it broke instantaneous transmutations, but it turns out that it only breaks them if the equivalent is 5th-level or below, so it turns out to fail. I'm not sure if there's anything else out there below Limited Wish that will do it, but Limited Wish is clearly enough to break it.

As for Rinaldo, his words altered reality until they became true. This is as per the power of a Reality Revision or Wish spell, then, so it would take at least a carefully worded full Wish to reverse it.

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
As for Rinaldo, his words altered reality until they became true. This is as per the power of a Reality Revision or Wish spell, then, so it would take at least a carefully worded full Wish to reverse it.

Great! :confused:

Velmont

First Post
Even better, I just read back the curse I have put on Valeria, and I have forgotten that Salvador too have one. If he learn half of wht has happen in that tower, he will try to immitate Eleyna Valsice... I really need to find a wish!

Remove ads