The Crux of the Matter

Erekose13

Explorer
that would be cool cause the next cheapest AC enhancements are the Ioun stone (12th level caster), upping my shield to +4 total (which I can do now) and upping my armor to +4 (12th level caster).

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Well, if you had fit the bra... :p (Actually, Ashna does fit it--I was surprised she didn't care about it that much, though the stuff she got was good too)

More seriously, if you borrow the ring and also take the feat, then next level you can do +4.
I do believe it was in my top three, but considering we had three women interested in it, two of which are real, I'm not surprised Ashna lost out. Besides, she's already been accused of having a larger share than Tenebrynn. :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I do believe it was in my top three, but considering we had three women interested in it, two of which are real, I'm not surprised Ashna lost out. Besides, she's already been accused of having a larger share than Tenebrynn. :p
Yeah, I gave everyone their top choice except that two people had the Ring as top choices and almost identical lists, so one got the ring and the other got their second and third.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
that would be cool cause the next cheapest AC enhancements are the Ioun stone (12th level caster), upping my shield to +4 total (which I can do now) and upping my armor to +4 (12th level caster).
Wonderous items don't have min caster levels :)

RA, you have any insight into why Rings are such a high caster level req?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Wonderous items don't have min caster levels :)

RA, you have any insight into why Rings are such a high caster level req?
That is not quite true--a rare few do have CL reqs. Ioun Stones among them. Actually, they're the proof that proves that the bickering and foolish people who think all the CLs on Wondrous Items are requirements are wrong.

Bront

The man with the probe
RA, could you do me a favor and describe Vanitri's Necklace and Sword? I need it for character approval. The necklace I know was earned in Teacher, so just mention that. Might be good to spell out exactly what the bane of Morning's Blade does.

The Flute might help too, particularly if it does anything else once repaired, but that one's not a big stickler.

Edit: Heck, list everything he's earned here too, including the ring's weirdness (The other stuff got fixed). Most of it is fairly standard. I'll make a post with all the rest of the adjustments.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
RA, could you do me a favor and describe Vanitri's Necklace and Sword? I need it for character approval. The necklace I know was earned in Teacher, so just mention that. Might be good to spell out exactly what the bane of Morning's Blade does.

The Flute might help too, particularly if it does anything else once repaired, but that one's not a big stickler.

Edit: Heck, list everything he's earned here too, including the ring's weirdness (The other stuff got fixed). Most of it is fairly standard. I'll make a post with all the rest of the adjustments.
+2 to mental stats, remember? Morning's Blade is Bane against anything that has Light Sensitivity or Light Vulnerability or anything like that--so Dark Elves, Orcs, Wraiths, Vampires, etc. The flute currently does nothing. It will be up to a later GM of yours (probably me, since I know what it does) to fill that in when you get it fixed. I will just say that it is a very cool item.

Knight Otu

First Post
Final resource plan:
Code:
+15,000 gp					Share
-   125 gp					Reparations
-    40 gp					Ivory plaque
-   750 gp	-  40 XP			Fixing Necromantic Nexus
-   550 gp					Purchase scrolls of secret page, erase, and false life
-   300 gp					Scribe secret page to spellbook
- 6,250 gp	- 500 XP	-1250 Craft	Create blessed book
						Scribe spells, including erase, into blessed book
						Erase Ashar's sparkstrike from old spellbook.
						Use ability to cast secret page for Tenebrynn for his crafting efforts
+ 2,650 gp					Sell old spellbook (70 pages scribes without sparkstrike)
- 2,000 gp	- 160 XP	- 400 Craft	Create headband of intellect +2
- 7,000 gp			- 700 Craft	Spell research

Spells researched: Ashnar's Fiery Shackles (2nd), Ashnar's Shield Swarm (3rd)
Spells researched with Tenebrynn: Ashnar's Athleticate Augmentation (2nd), Ashnar's Pyromagical Enhancement, Lesser (2nd)

Spells copied from Tenebrynn: arcane lock, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, eagle's splendor, fly, fox's cunning, haste, locate object, magic missile, rope trick, scrying, shield, slow, summon monster 3, true strike, web

Assuming there are no problems, I'll update the character sheet.

Remove ads