• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dungeons and Dragons II: Wraith of the Dragon God spoiler filled thread.

Wormwood

Adventurer
nato said:
Its got flaws certainly, but I'm not seeing whats gained by bashing. Its not making you look knowledgeable or refined or something.

"Criticism comes easier than craftsmanship."
—Zeuxis (~400 BC)

The Thayan Menace

First Post
D&D2 = "I Spit on Your Grave" for a New Generation

I actually think this movie is so bad, it's GOOD.

The actors did not take themselves seriously; they completely "cheese-balled" it and had a great time (and it shows).

It was fun to watch; it was a lousy movie ... but it was also a hoot. :D

-Samir

VirgilCaine

First Post
The Thayan Menace said:
Yes; sad, isn't it?

Maybe he was a "new" lich. The party DID stumble into his area inadvertently and besides...he could have looked just like he did when he was a mortal--Oil of Timelessness is in the DMG. Besides, the whole "spellcasting skeleton" bit is obvious to adventurers.

LawfulGoodThief

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
As our group put it? He leveled up! :lol: That's the only explanation we had for him suddenly with a new blade.

According to the "Making of D&D 2" event at this pastGencon, they filmed a scene were he finds the vorpal sword in the crypt, but they removed it in editing.

Mystery Man

First Post
The Thayan Menace said:
I actually think this movie is so bad, it's GOOD.

The actors did not take themselves seriously; they completely "cheese-balled" it and had a great time (and it shows).

It was fun to watch; it was a lousy movie ... but it was also a hoot. :D

-Samir

I'd have say it actually wasn't a lousy movie. It didn't suck! Even though I saw Courtney Solomon's name on the credits.

Bruce Payne has found his niche as a recurring DnD villain I think. :)

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Seeing a guy from "The Gamers" in there explains why I was expecting/hoping the Purple Ninja to come running out of the woods at any moment.

And the camera work needed, uh, work ... the establishing shots of the city show a city, the live-action shots show "That Castle Every Low Budget Fantasy Film Rents".

On the whole, though, I liked it. I might even buy it. I wasn't expecting too much, but it's sort of a fun movie, y'know? The lich ... okay, that was kind of sad, really, but it was an important enough character that they needed an actor and I'm sure since Sci-Fi was helping maybe they loaned out that Gebbeth costume. :) I didn't honestly mind all that much.

What got ME was that his "necropolis" looked more like a random clearing in the woods. I see why he was helping out Damodar ... at least HE could afford his own crib. Keflex the Inflammable was homeless. "Yea, uh, my necropolis is currently being renovated ... this is my SUMMER NECROPOLIS ..."

Maybe they'll make another one.

--fje

VirgilCaine

First Post
HeapThaumaturgist said:
What got ME was that his "necropolis" looked more like a random clearing in the woods. I see why he was helping out Damodar ... at least HE could afford his own crib. Keflex the Inflammable was homeless. "Yea, uh, my necropolis is currently being renovated ... this is my SUMMER NECROPOLIS ..."

Doesn't everyone love a brisk walk with their incorporeal minions in the summertime sun filtering through the forest canopy?

But gee, couldn't you tell, it was a random encounter?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Wycen said:
The lord guy specifically called them spectres.

Yeah, but how many ranks in Knowledge (undead) would a fighter have? They could have been ghosts just as easily. What's harder to answer is what spell Klex summoned them with...none of the summon undead spells summon incorporeal undead.

Wormwood said:
As for Berek's supposed 'vorpal' sword, it's really a keen adamantine weapon.

Well, it's definately adamantine. As for being keen or vorpal...it could be either. Neither property specifically mentions severing limbs (vorpal just says heads).

Virgil Caine said:
Two teleport spells? It's called Scribe Scroll, bitch. It's free. Use it.

Best. Line. EVAR! :D

Remove ads