The Four Lands - The Great North Part 2

Dracomeander

First Post
"Relax Bertrand. You know I rarely sleep more than a couple of hours, and after the most recent past events, I doubt I will be willing to sleep for a few days yet. I will keep watch tonight as I ponder what further resources our enemies might try to send at us."

J. Alexander

First Post
The party settles into the tent for an uneventufl but restless evening. Three hours before dawn deSion serves a light breakfeast and the party removes itself with the body of anniston to the grave site an hour before sunrise. Anniston has been dressed in his formal clerical garb which has been freshly cleaned and ironed so that the creases are razor sharp. Arriving at the burial site the party finds that it has slightly modifed during the night. The polished stone has had yards of snowy white linen placed upon it so as to form a soft bed for the fallen anniston. Two candles each at the head and foot stand two feet tall and are set in a silver base. Each throws out enough light to illuminate the area of the stone wall created by Vadric the day before. The wall itself has been raised to a height of some 5 foot with several arching suppots waiting for stone to form the capstone of the bier."

Lou

Explorer
Addison Darkhair

Addison spends the evening looking over the tent quietly, engaging only in small talk. She is troubled by the tent, but she is more troubled by her situation. As a newly appointed Sacred Exorcist, she is over her head, and she knows it.

Addison leaves her shield out in the main area of the tent, as an act of showing her comfort with her new companion.

When summoned for the burial, Addison appears dressed perfectly, too perfectly for a normal woman found alone in the wilderness. As the party approaches the burial site, Addison cannot help but let out in a quiet voice, "You gentlemen do fantastic work."

Scotley

Hero
With a little help from Rendee's minor magics, Bertrand's clothes are clean and fully mended. Even his dog is clean. He wears a holy symbol of the light prominently on his chest. The northman sorcerer is by his side as they gather at the newly made resting place of their fallen companion.

Rhun

First Post
Vadric has taken the time to bathe and wash his hair, and has taken the opportunity to wash his clothing, and to clean and oil his weapons and armor as well. So he is looking as well as one can, given the situation. He stands quietly cairn-side, waiting for the others to arrive, so that he might begin the burial service.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian shows in polished armor and formal clotches, fully armed and armored. He is silent, listening to others, attending the ritual. He takes care to have deSion, Addison and Jaroth in his or Arrwuh's sight at all times.

OOC: if Anniston's cairn needs little extra work Vorian smooths the stone and shapes it as needed to meld together parts that could become unstable or other small details inluding inscription. If anybody mentions the need or it is obvious even to an armorer.

Dracomeander

First Post
Finnian is fully decked out in his noble's gear for Anniston's service. He is unusually subdued and solemn as the group assembles and the service progresses. He gently picks out a quiet tune on his harp to provide a backdrop to Vadric's eulogy.

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

Jaroth emerges from the tent clean and pressed. His long silver-white hair is tied back and braided. His billowing black robes and cloak are clean and smell of Spring. The pups are by his side, also clean and nice-smelling, for now. They are nipping at Jaroth's robes and at eachother playfully. Jaroth's satchel is strapped across his chest and resting on his hip. His deep blue eyes look up at the cairn as he approaches it somberly.

Rhun

First Post
As the companions gather and Finnian begins his dirge, Vadric begins to speaks, his voice doleful but clear as the first rays of the sun's light begin to shine upon Anniston's cairn.

"We are gathered here this day to lay to rest a mighty warrior of The Light, fallen far from hearth and home, in the untamed wilds of the Great North. A warrior who gave of himself freely, who looked only to uphold the ideals of Knighthood and chivalry, and to serve The Light to the best of his ability. A warrior who had devoted himself to a cause and to his comrades, without ever giving a second thought to the consequences of his actions.

While he protected himself with armor and shield, and fought with cudgel and sword, it was not his skill in battle that made him a great knight. It was his heart. Despite the hardships of his past, he carried onward with honor, nobility and determination. We could not have asked for a better or more loyal companion.

Do not mourn for our stalwart brother. For he goes to reside in The Place Where No Shadows Fall. When you speak of him, speak of him with warmth in your heart, and remember always his loyalty, his passion, his valor, and his kindness. Be proud to have known such a good man and humble warrior. We, his brothers, shall carry on his work and his memory. While our lives are diminished by his loss, we can celebrate his life, and complete the good works that Anniston had pledged himself to see done.

So rest now in peace Anniston Von Aalorn, in the eternal radiance of The Light, and never again know the touch of darkness."

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

Bertrand stands with bowed head during Finnian's dirge and Vadric. At its end he places a hand on the cairn and one on the holy symbol around his neck. "By the light I'll see your sacrifice was not in vain noble priest or I'll join you under my own rock pile." He places a simple wildflower that somehow managed to survive the battle on the cairn.

Remove ads