• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gods Hate Us(Full)

Zerth

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
...actually, there is a spot for you. So you have the 6th spot in the game! :)
:)

Okay, then! I'm going to make a swashbuckler/rogue, with levels taken in the Invisible Blade and Master Thrower PrCs. They are from the Complete Warrior, hopefully the DM allows them. He's going to evil, so maybe throw in some assassin levels, too. I don't usually play evil characters, but I thought I'd try it this time, when there's a chance to do it. Isida, you're not alone ;)

I don't have any ideas yet, how he'd have stepped on some godly toes, but I'm working on it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yay Zerth!

Ankh - Quick question, do you have the Book of Eldritch Might I & II? There are some necromancy spells in there that would be kinda cool, but if you don't want those books in your game, I understand. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Thought about false life... then decided I was better served by spectral hand in order to deliver ghoul touch and vampiric touch. :) What I was looking at in the Books of Eldritch Might was elemental shroud, bone tattoo, mark of death, and spine tendril.

Lefferts

First Post
RE:Ruslan

I think that's probably the first time I have seen a spellboook that didn't
contain magic missile.

What's the staff of skulls do?

guedo79

Explorer
Juggernaut said:
Is it possible for a Neutral aligned Cleric who channels positive energy to be Indifferent about undead?
The only issue I could see is if you want to turn undead and the enemy undead is mixed in with the party undead. I don't know if there is a way to pick and choose or make our undead immune.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm going for the mad scientist type, so maybe I adventured with you guys to get some odd spell components and gain some knowledge way back in the day, before I became a real freak of nature.

Heheheh, that is one of the best lines ever. "And then, I became REAL freak!" ;)

Juggernaut said:
Actually I just totally changed my mind.

I want to play a Dwarven Cleric of The Guardian of the Watchtower of the North. Is that ok?

Instead of being the Uber Damage dealing Fighter, I will be the Cleric

No problem at all! Being indifferent towards Undead is fine(heck, even some Good clerics could feel that way depending on their God). As for Races of Stone...avoid it, as I don't have it want to try to stick to things I have access to...besides, you have a lot to work with already! :)

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Spells and feats submitted for DM approval

You have that approval. Only thing, why do you have Extend Spell labeled MotW. Could have sworn its in the PHB...

Zerth said:
Okay, then! I'm going to make a swashbuckler/rogue, with levels taken in the Invisible Blade and Master Thrower PrCs. They are from the Complete Warrior, hopefully the DM allows them. He's going to evil, so maybe throw in some assassin levels, too.

No problem with that. Just a little suggestion not to spread yourself too thin with classes. At Epic levels(which this is going to go into) it can hurt you if you've got a lot of lower level classes.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Ankh - Quick question, do you have the Book of Eldritch Might I & II? There are some necromancy spells in there that would be kinda cool, but if you don't want those books in your game, I understand.

I've got the first one, but not within fifty or so miles of me. Going to say not to use that. I like having the books everyone else uses in front of me when I DM. :)

guedo79 said:
Juggernaut said:
Is it possible for a Neutral aligned Cleric who channels positive energy to be Indifferent about undead?
[\QUOTE]

The only issue I could see is if you want to turn undead and the enemy undead is mixed in with the party undead. I don't know if there is a way to pick and choose or make our undead immune.
As far as I know there isn't a way to make Ruslan's undead immune to the Turning. You'll just have to be careful if you use it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Heheheh, that is one of the best lines ever. "And then, I became REAL freak!" ;)
Hee hee. I try. :D

You have that approval. Only thing, why do you have Extend Spell labeled MotW. Could have sworn its in the PHB...
Sorry, I was using an epic druid character for the template, so there's still some residue floating around.

I've got the first one, but not within fifty or so miles of me. Going to say not to use that. I like having the books everyone else uses in front of me when I DM. :)
How about I buy you the PDFs? (half joking) ;) Naw, that's ok, I understand.

Lefferts, re: magic missile - Yeah, Ruslan doesn't go for flashy spells. I don't think he has any energy spells or any real obvious spells in the whole spellbook. I think it ought to be interesting... :D

Zerth

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
No problem with that. Just a little suggestion not to spread yourself too thin with classes. At Epic levels(which this is going to go into) it can hurt you if you've got a lot of lower level classes.
I will most certainly have a lot of low-level classes. There is no way around it, if you have maxed two five-level PrCs. Basically, the guy will be the ultimate knife-fighter.

Remove ads